- Responsible for covering FX clients, executing FX trades voice and via platforms, and managing of the sales book throughout the day.
- Under guidance, applies defined processes and tools to screen and evaluate prospects by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, growth potential, financials and internal firm priorities.
- Assists with client onboarding while working with Credit Risk, Legal, and KYC Teams.
- May assist with events and seminars to develop leads as well.
- May partner with a more senior Business Development colleague to develop relationships to gain breadth/depth of knowledge.
- Leads may develop from direct strategies, research, push and pull strategies, and seminars.
- Performs in-depth industry research and maintains an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. in order to achieve account growth or new accounts.
- Develops a negotiation strategy and position to align client/prospect needs to firm offerings.
- Assists with closing of less complex new prospects by contributing analyses supporting deal structures (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm.
- Assists with ensuring that deals are compliant with all regulations.
- Follows up with other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to gather needed information required to finalize a proposal/deal.
- Work closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development activities are conducted and captured.
- Under guidance, responsible for business development within assigned area (geographic territory, product category, business/industry category/segment, etc.).
- Typically pursues small, non-complex prospects. Requires advice and coaching from senior team members/management.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Real Monies, Sovereign, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in a related customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.