Senior Associate / Associate, Data Scientist (NLP), Analytics Center of Excellence, Group Transformation
Business Function Here at the DBS Transformation Group, we focus on nurturing the culture of the "World's Best Digital Bank" (Euromoney, 2016 & 2018) and Best Bank in the World (Euromoney 2019). Our approach is a combination of both science and art; we immerse our stakeholders in the world of design thinking and experimentation, drive rigorous creativity along our pipeline, and build connections between corporate entrepreneurs and start-ups. We are a cross-disciplinary team focused on the invention of solutions that will radically improve the way people live, work and play. We are passionate and committed to make banking joyful (while having lots of fun)! Job Purpose Deliver data science analysis to support business decisions for various business and support units of the bank. Develop Advanced NLP components to be included in innovative applications by creating prototypes. Develop solutions based on advanced analytics, leveraging internal data sources and external data assets. Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Build machine learning solutions to solve various business questions.
- Perform ad-hoc exploratory statistics and data mining tasks on diverse datasets from small scale to big data
- Select features, build and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Perform data wrangling and feature engineering
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extend company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Build NLP solutions
- Build end to end NLP solutions and prototypes for business problems
- Perform data cleansing and build data pipelines
- Develop traditional NLP models as baseline and compare with deep learning models wherever applicable
- Build solid evaluation framework for NLP models and able to identify where model fails and how can the solution be improved
- Develop bank NLP capabilities such as NLP python package and web UI for internal users
- Develop visualization interfaces that help business make more insightful decisions
- Maintain cutting edge in data science
- Take initiative in evaluating new approaches from data science research
- Test new tools, platforms and packages
- Support the programs for changing the business culture towards more data driven decision making
- Create helper functions to automate frequently encountered wrangling and feature engineering tasks
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- 3 years of industry experience in data science/machine learning projects working in a big data environment
- 2 years of industry experience working in NLP projects
- PhD/Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or related majors.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Random Forests, XgBoost etc.
- Familiar with sklearn
- Familiar with text processing tools like nltk, spacy, huggingface
- Familiar with NLP algorithms like topic modelling, sentiment analysis, Bert / Roberta and other deep learning models, text classification
- Familiar with NLP frameworks like tensorflow, keras, pytorch
- Experienced in building end to end NLP workflows from data acquisition, EDA, modelling, evaluation to deployment
- Experienced with NLP use-cases like chatbots, translation, search and recommendation
- Highly proficient with data wrangling and feature engineering
- Familiar with programming tools such as Spark, Python and SQL.
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Data-oriented personalityand able to multi-task