Senior Business Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Data Analysis, Mapping and Profiling
- perform data requirement gathering, analysis and documentation
- mapping of data attributes from different source systems to the target data models and ensuring the same business rules are followed
- interpreting use case requirement and design of target data model/ data mart
- profiling of data attributes to assess data quality that affects referential integrity and provide remediation recommendations
- ensures that data use is complies to the data architecture principles including golden sources and standard reference data
Our Ideal Candidate
- working Independently to engage consultants, business analysts from other business solutions team and escalate issues in a timely manner
- providing good subject matter expert knowledge and recommendations to balance time critical vs longer term sustainability
- Transform business requirement to data requirement, data analysis and profiling
- Design data models for use cases and data warehousing
- Create data mapping templates for Data Model mapping
- Profile data to assess data quality, suitability and cardinality
- Support data store's inbound and/or outbound development
- Perform data acceptance testing
- Responsible to provide direction on solution from a standard product / architecture perspective
- Participate in key decision-making discussions liaising with business stakeholders
- Support SIT and UAT.
Domain knowledge & Technical skills
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Good working knowledge of SCB application systems and business process
- Some working experience in business solutions, data analysis and design within SCB
- 10+ years of work experience in Banking domain involving one or more of the following:
- Data integration and data warehousing
- Financial and Regulatory reporting
- Risk Management (Credit Risk - Retail & CCIB, Climate Risk)
- Data Mapping
- Experience in data model
- Understanding of banking fundamentals (customer and product management)
- Been in business analysis or data analysis roles supporting the above areas
- Have done data modelling (conceptual, logical and physical) supporting the above areas
- Great data analytics and can conduct deep dive into business needs plus data profiling and fact finding
- Good communication and Stakeholder management skills
- Very quick learner with strong interest in banking compliance and desire to acquire the knowledge and understanding of Retail Risk in the domain. Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Ability to seek and gain consensus in a multi-cultural, cross-border and matrix reporting environment.
- Attention to detail
- High degree of responsibility
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
- Structure and discipline
- Good written communication skills
- Able to challenge/ question
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.