Senior Business Control Specialist
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
Senior Business Control Specialist
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
The Business Control Specialist will be part of the Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) Business Control Monitoring & Readiness (BCMR) team. You will be responsible for supporting the governance and management of operational risk and controls across 3,500 employees, 250+ high risks processes, 300+ critical applications in the Asia Pacific region.
The role will drive and coordinate risk management initiatives, issue management activities as well as provide visibility into regional risks, issues and mitigation to regional & global stakeholders through prompt and appropriate management reporting. This position will require strong collaboration with senior members within the GT&O divisions and control functions across the Bank.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of processes & controls, ensuring compliance with both local & global mandates
- Perform risk analytics to monitor and test the effectiveness of key controls as well as status of mitigation and action plans
- Provide management reports & metrics for tracking, monitoring, and escalation of risk related issues to management
- Provide oversight and monitoring over regulatory responsiveness and regulatory change activities in the region
- Accountable for the decision to outsource, and for the business performance and risk associated with the outsourcing decision
- Accountable for day-to-day oversight of assigned Vendor's risk and performance , including Program deliverables, risk management activities and timely remediation of risks
- Manage the Vendor life cycle, including on-boarding and terminating of the Vendor Establish management routines with the Vendor and key stakeholders
- Responsible for adherence to the Enterprise third Party Policy and Standards
- Governance and issue management through ongoing analysis, timely escalations and debate of risks
- Stakeholder Management by providing dedicated Third Party support to each GT&O sub-LOBs, while maintaining a holistic view of GT&O Third Party health, risk and issues
- Acts as an ambassador of the risk culture
- Ability to provide thought & execution leadership
- Influencing skills, product knowledge and past relevant experience in executing compliance and risk programs that manage the controls environment as well as drive cultural change in the organization will be required strengths.
- Understanding of regulatory risk management and Asia Pacific regulations preferred
- Experience in leading programs for proactively identifying regulatory risk exposure and potential nonconformance areas
- Information technology/systems, risk management, banking operations, finance or equivalent experience preferred
Posting Date: 02/11/2017
Singapore, , 01, 2 HARBOURFRONT PLACE #02,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40