Senior Consultant, Technical Implementation Team, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development is a rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world's top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms. The Senior Consultant will be an integral player, bringing technical expertise and direction to implementation engagement teams, helping to ensure that our clients are implementing Charles River's IMS suite properly.
System implementations include all aspects of a consulting project, from installation of n-tier software to DR/HA design to documenting and performing technical training for the client. System integrations will involve XML messaging, Charles River web services (SOAP), ETL tools, and database techniques Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Consultant, Technical Implementation Team you will
What we value
- Manage multiple technical initiatives, potentially on multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop with a result-driven approach while maintaining implementation schedules
- Capable to advance to potentially be responsible for tracking project progress across junior consultants, allocating resources to projects, and mentoring new hires
- Able to be self-motivated and self-driven
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); good interpersonal skills; ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Experience in methodology-based solution delivery and managing customers' expectations
- Solid client interaction skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to recognize long term solutions across multiple projects
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Technical experience includes:
- XML and XSLT
- understanding of ERDs
- Tomcat configuration and optimization
- N-tier application architecture
- SOAP/XML and messaging software like MQ Series, Tibco, MSMQ, Sonic MQ and Open JMS
- In-depth knowledge of one of the following RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server or Sybase
- Java and C# programming
- Windows and Unix (Solaris and Linux)
- knowledge of ETL Tools
- familiar with at least one SCM (Subversion or Perforce would be a plus)
Must have strong oral and written language skills Additional requirements
About State Street What we do.
- Financial services industry experience
- Previous consulting background
- Ability to read/write XSD and DTDs
- Extract Transform and Load tools such as Infomatica
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers