Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Commercial Banking provides international financial services solutions that support businesses ranging from large corporates to mid-market enterprises in a variety of industry sectors all over the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global product network, Commercial Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large and mid-market enterprises seeking to maximise their potential internationally, offering streamlined business access to HSBC’s international network and broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Corporate Banking Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Manage, direct and control all aspects of business with a portfolio of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Corporate Banking customers within the Commercial Banking Division with the view to maximize customer value and identify alignment opportunities with other product groups
- Ability to hunt, source and onboard new-to-bank customers while deepening relationship and cross-sell within own portfolio is a key role requirement
- Have responsibility to increase the portfolio income contribution and market share by originating new business, maximizing client wallet share from own portfolio, increasing cross-introduction of the bank's entire suite of products and services, as well as defending existing business
- Strong capability to originate, structure and execute transactions for his/her own CRE clients or new-to-bank clients. Ability to run and oversee the credit process from end to end.
- Proactive portfolio monitoring from a holistic perspective across KYC, transactional accounts, negative news and debt performance to early identify and mitigate potential credit and operational issues. Acting as the First Line of Defense with strong due diligence to safeguard the bank from financial crime risks
- Client penetration and deepen client engagement at both working and senior stakeholder levels via intensive relationship management strategy
- Manage and grow high end customer relationships independently. Working with HSBC Private Bank to support HNWI/UHNWs relationship from real estate angle and cross-refer CRE Promoters to HSBC Private Bank
- Collaborate with other HSBC sites to support clients’ expansion plans in other countries
- Degree holder with a Finance, Business or Accountancy background
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a front line business development role in real estate banking.
- Prior experience of working in a business development / client acquisition focused role is preferred
- Strong credit and business development skills with ability to maintain and grow existing client portfolio, acquire new clients, identify opportunities and convert these into tangible business for the bank
- Robust credit, analytical and structuring capability, ability to assess client credit profile and metrics and asset/corporate cashflow
- Solid knowledge of sophisticated Capital Markets, Global Markets, Cash Management and Trade Services products with prior experience in marketing these products
- Strong communication skills with ability to engage with a diverse client profile ranging from the operations staff of midsized companies to the Managing Directors and CEOs of large corporates
- Cohesive team player who possesses a positive attitude
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.