TOM Singapore is supporting our client, an international commodity trading house which specialises in the trade of energy products to recruit this business critical role. Reporting through to the Chief Risk Officer this role will be responsible for board approved counterparty and credit risk to support the strategic objectives of the business. The incumbent will manage a portfolio of clients and products, conducting both qualitative and quantitative assessment to compile a full credit analysis, determine a credit rating and then manage the exposure whilst also making recommendations to proactively alleviate risk where possible.
- Generate regular analysis on credit and counterparty risk for assigned portfolio and manage the exposure against predetermined limits whilst adhering to the risk management framework
- Articulately communicate current and future potential risk to internal stakeholders whilst ensuring that all data is captured and recorded in accordance with company reporting standards
- Assess and present credit and counterparty risk limits for new business proposals whilst also staying abreast of any external events that may affect the current portfolio
- Adhoc project work as required
- A minimum of 10-15 years experience in credit and counterparty risk management within investment banking, a commodities trading house or broker
- Strong technical expertise with a focus on commodities and financial markets
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of attention to detail and the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels are essential for this role