Senior Development Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role will focus on enabling Compliance as a Code combined with a data driven approach for software delivery compliance. This includes managing full-stack software development on design, development and deployment. Working on integrating various data points, storing and processing them, and displaying the data in a meaningful way through APIs and UIs.
The product involves multiple microservices to focus on the different parts of compliance, including compliance document management, onboarding new product with automated compliance, releasing software and infrastructure components, and monitoring compliance of running software and infrastructure.
The delivery of the product includes:
- augmenting CI/CD pipeline with compliance as code,
- REST APIs to expose compliance validation result and other compliance data for other systems to use in their automation (e.g. automated deployment),
- UI portals to allow easy consumption of the microservices,
- high performance message bus to connect various data components within the platform.
This is a greenfield product; hence we will be using Agile methodologies to deliver a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). One of the modern agile approaches such as Scrum or Kanban will be chosen. The product should be developed with use of the best practices such as frequent code review, strict code quality standards, and regular planning sessions.
Our Ideal Candidate
Must have technologies:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Able to translate business requirements into tangible software delivery plan
- Experience in full-stack development for large-scale enterprise application
- Experience in designing and architecting large-scale distributed software
- Experience in building data processing pipeline to make data consumable
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams (onshore and offshore)
- Experience with Agile Delivery (Scrum or Kanban)
- Fluent English
Experience with following technologies will be a plus:
- Java 1.8+ programming languages
- Spring Framework (boot, core, security), Hibernate
- Java build tools: maven, gradle
- Experienced with design and development of relational databases, SQL
- React, Redux
- Node JS, npm, CSS3, HTML5
- Modern DevOps tools such as: CI/CD (Jenkins), git (including git flow), Binary storage
- Experienced user of UNIX or Linux, POSIX compatible shell
- Solid knowledge of REST API concepts, experience building SOA infrastructure and microservices
- Solid knowledge of TDD and related frameworks such as Mockito, PowerMock, JUnit
- Kafka messaging system
- ELK stack
- Cloud Stack: terraform, helm, kubernetes, docker
- Experience with Nosql databases: neo4J or another graph database
- JVM internals
- Compliance as Code
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .