Senior Engineering Manager (Digital Bank)
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia's leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. Get to know the Role:
• Lead a team of Software Engineers working on building a digital bank.
• Establish engineering best practices and participate in code/architecture reviews.
• Strategic roadmap planning in collaboration with product, product analytics, data science teams.
• Work on designing, building, and deliver complex, successful mobile services and/or experiences efficiently and with quality
• Communicate high-level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including senior stakeholders.
• Deliver results at the highest quality and on-time.
• Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team. The must-haves:
• A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or have similar experience with 8+ years engineering experience and at least 3+ years of leadership experience with teams of 10+ people
• Significant experience as a successful software development leader in large scale, highly available Internet and mobile applications.Experience working for a start-up or scale-up is preferred.
• Deep, hands-on programming and architecture skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly
• Have a track record of designing, developing and implementing complex, low-latency, web services with a large consumer base.
• Experience leading large teams of engineers and driving large-scale, mission-critical projects and products, in collaboration with product, design and commercial teams, to succeed.
• Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and build a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment.
• Able to attract, develop, and keep high-quality multi-disciplinary teams.
• Belief in quality over quantity.
• Strong communication skills and can act as an advisor, coach, mentor, and partner all at the same time.