Senior Equity Data Consultant - Global Data, APAC
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Global Data department in Singapore is looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Senior Data Consultant to look after the area of Equities.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious high-performer to take on increased responsibility and to help take our business to the next level. The Role:
You are the subject-matter-expert in Equity products covered by Global Data and is trusted to consult on the domain internally and externally. You are an experienced professional with solid experience and extensive network of contacts across the financial community. As a result, you help secure unique, non-public content for Bloomberg and discover opportunities for new and existing products. Finally, you act as leaders in the organization by training and mentoring others and can be counted on to perform a wide variety of responsibilities from building relationships to leading projects and analyzing data. You have strong working relationships with other data teams and departments such as Engineering and utilize this network to achieve results. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the Equities domain
- Influence and build future data products by leveraging your domain expertise
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
- Build industry relationships to source content that is not publically available
- Manage dataset quality by understanding criticality and expectations of dataset in the market
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Train and mentor Data Specialists and Data Analysts
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law
We'd love to see:
- At least eight to twelve years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated domain expertise in Equity data products
- Intimate understanding of how industry players utilize data to drive business decisions
- An existing network with industry participants
- Proven ability to innovate data products and processes
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Comfortable fostering C-Level relationships
- Demonstrated project management skills, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- Strong negotiation skills with a consultative approach, and an ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience training and mentoring others
If this sounds like you:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- A master's degree (preferably in Finance, Economics or Information Systems)
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.