Senior Finance Manager - Global Retail
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Be a strategic Partner with business (Credit Cards & Personal Loans) and work with business to drive the profitability of CCPL
- Provide timely view of monthly financial results and work with country / regional Retail Finance to understand and provide key insights to business drivers and trends.
- Support the efforts of the business segment to deliver annual budget performance by engaging and influencing stakehoders with MI
- Ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial numbers and key performance indicators MI packs by working closely with GFS
- Review and challenge assumptions of plans as reflected in the Business Plans/ Programs
- Develop industry and competitive models that drive strategic decisions i.e. market size, share, industry profitability, competitor profitability, future scenarios
- Invloved in Corporate Budgeting and forecasting exercise.
- Provide timely & accurate financial information / MIS to enable strategic decision making including sales, products and client analysis.
- Provide market intelligence on key competitors' performance and highlight any changes in the competitive landscape
Our Ideal Candidate
- Partner with GFS, London teams, Region and Country levels to ensure robust financial processes in place to report financial performance for Retail Banking in an accurate and timely manner
- Continued focus on productivity and outsourcing production opportunities. Ensure GFS service levels are maintained in line with onshore requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- At least 10 years of working experience in Planning, Finance and Accounting.
- Credit Card and Personal Loan knowledge preferred
- Good working knowledge in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Experienced in financial and profitability modelling and translation of results for management decision-making.
- Analytical and strong sense of need to upload integrity of financial information.
- Proactively question and improve status quo, think outside the box to improve productivity, data accuracy and reporting process.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and work in the larger team
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, forming positive working relationship in the multicultural environment.