Apex Fund Services (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. provides fund administration services for hedge funds and private equity funds, which include reviewing fund constitutional documents from an operational perspective, providing accounting services for the funds, as well as calculation of net asset value and investor services for the funds. All books and records are maintained on an integrated platform. Apex Fund Services (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., commenced operations in early 2008, is one of the 40 worldwide offices under Apex Group of Companies. Please feel free to visit our website: http://theapexgroup.com.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for the day to day administration of the fund allocated and will strive to be a one point contact to the investment manager of the funds and the investors of the funds.
- Monitor cash activity of the fund and prepare bank reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Liaise with investment managers to resolve cash breaks.
- Review investment documents and monitor portfolio positions on a periodic basis.
- Prepare investor capital calls, distributions, financial reports and capital statements in a timely manner.
- Prepare net asset valuation for the funds on a monthly or quarterly basis as required by the investment managers.
- Co-ordinate documentations for capital activities to ensure AML/KYC compliance.
- Communicate effectively with clients and other service providers, handle client requests and manage client deliverables.
- Prepare financial statements and liaise with auditors to ensure timely completion of audits.
- Resolve complex issues that have not been resolved by junior staff and escalate open items to managers as appropriate.
- Senior Fund Accountant is also required to train and supervise junior staff, and review tasks performed by them, and assist in any ad hoc tasks being assigned by managers.
- 4+ years of fund accounting experience in a Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Administrator, or other financial institution.
- A University degree in Business majoring in Accountancy.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects
- An ability to work under pressure and the ability to communicate with clients effectively
- Advanced computer skills ( especially Microsoft excel and word )
- Knowledge and prior experience on FIS Investran system would be an advantage
- A professional designation such a C.A., C.P.A., or C.M.A. etc., would be an asset.
To be successful in these roles, it is envisaged that you are a motivated and self-driven individual eager to contribute and grow with the organization. Knowledge of financial products, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Real estate funds and environments along with prior fund accounting experience will ensure your success. Critical to your ability to perform these roles will be your customer focus, attention to detail and team focus.
We offer a modern and progressive work environment. You can expect to be challenged and offered a path towards future career growth.