- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Citibank NA
Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18068016
We are seeking an experienced senior developer with a particular focus on delivery of electronic trading software for a demanding, fast-paced front office technology client base. The role will have a priority focus around delivering best in class pricing and distribution technology to the FXLM business.
The developer will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritize their own work, deliver to deadlines
- Track record of 5+ years of server-side Java development skills
- Familiarity with one of more of the following additional technical areas: Relational databases (Sybase), Tibco RV, EMS, Solace, KDB, ION, low latency programming, No SQL databases, python/groovy scripting
- A practical understanding of enterprise application delivery in a structured environment
- Focused problem solving approach
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization, across multiple locales
- Motivated by working on high profile project that benefits other developers
- Strong software Engineering skills to build technology 'in the right way', sustaining long term success
- Hands on technical skills, with aspirations to move into technical leadership role
Markets Technology is a front to back group that works closely with our Markets businesses to design and implement technology solutions that achieve our challenging business and technical goals. This makes the group an exciting and fast-paced environment to work in. As a franchise, Citi's market penetration is second to none, across asset class and across geographical boundary, making it a truly unique place to work.
The focus is changing within Markets technology at Citi. There is a commitment and drive to invest in building a common cross asset platform for electronic trading over the coming years. This particular role is within the FXLM group, with a primary focus of delivering to the EM business, but in addition there is an expectation that the successful candidate will also be involved in broad Markets initiatives, in support of the move to common.
Specifically this developer will be part of a team which is responsible for functional areas within the EM pricing and distribution development group. For example, connectivity and distribution functions. The key goal is to build out an increased electronic franchise across all products covered by the LM Rates desks globally.
As senior developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into the Front Office software development environment
- Be involved in project from successful pilot to full-scale rollout
- Extend the project (new features, enhancing existing) and define the strategic longer-term technical direction
- Work closely with Front Office colleagues across multiple locations and business lines
- Build your profile with senior technologists across the Markets Technology group
The Senior Analyst Developer will be accountable for:
- Coordinating with stakeholders to deliver work-slate in line with expectations
- Implementing solutions to issues identified
- Identifying, estimating and implementing enhancements
- Shaping the future technical direction of the product
- Providing development support response to incidents and requests raised through support channels
- Communicating project progress and promoting achievemen
- At least 5 years commercial Java development experience.
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical applications.
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems using a range of middleware and database products.
- Knowledge of FX an advantage with an appreciation of whole deal lifecycle.
- Knowledge of and exposure to regulatory environment impacting banking industry will be an advantage.
- Experience working on a mature development in a large collaborative environment.
- Proficient in core Java development, UNIX server side with OO design. J2EE, EJB & thread programming.
- Middleware Technologies - Java, JMS, Solace and EMS messaging
- Expertise in Unix (Linux & Solaris) & Windows Commands & scripting, XML technology
- Database skills - Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL)
- Process and tools to produce well written low defect rate code.
- Experience of collaboration tools (source control).
A good academic background, with at least an Under-graduate degree in a Technical subject.
- Strong aptitude for analysis and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills