Senior Manager, Data Management - Design & Monitoring
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The newly created Data Management - Design & Monitoring
team under the Compliance and CDO COE (Centre of Excellence) will perform second line activities in scope of the Data Management Framework (Data Privacy, Data Quality, Records Management, AI Ethics & Cross Border Data Sharing). The team reports directly to the Chief Data Officer under Technology & Innovation however will be very closely aligned to the Compliance advisory team.
The team has the following responsibilities under the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF):
Design and Monitoring - responsibilities:
- Own and manage processes for oversight and challenge.
- Oversee and challenge 1 st Line risk taking activities.
- Review 1 st Line risk proposals and recommend decisions to approve or reject as appropriate.
- Review and challenge risk remediation plans set by the 1 st Line to mitigate Risk Appetite breaches or issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Assess adequacy of control/assurance design and implementation of the Data Management Framework
- Monitor effectiveness of implemented controls on an ongoing basis
- Support Business and Function Advisors (BFA) on data related residual risk assessments where the potential failure is related to one of the DMF risk sub-types (data quality, privacy, records etc)
- Support the relevant SMEs in creating a holistic view of data related risks for each area
- On request from BFA teams and/or policy owner/ SME, conduct deep-dive thematic reviews in specific areas
- Conduct reviews on the comprehensiveness, consistency and quality of metadata uploaded into the tool, and whether the scope is adequate to meet the business'/ function's broader data management obligations
- Provide formal feedback to Group Internal Audit, external regulators and monitors as required
- Enable BFA to effectively monitor adequacy of data management oversight in each corresponding Business / Function NFRC (or appropriate risk committee / forum)
- Provide guidance where specialist advise is needed to BFA or 1LoD (e.g., new risk proposal from 1LoD, new regulation, new data/ analytics use-case)
- Act as a consultant to Data SMEs in providing inputs to risk reporting and refresh of policies & standards.
- Meet audit and regulatory commitments on time (BCBS 239, FED MRA finding, GIA actions etc)
- Courageous and able to challenge the status quo
- Motivated and determined to build a career in data governance using an analytical mindset to provide insights on 1 st Line's ability to manage data against internal policies / regulations
- Demonstrated experience working in a distributed agile environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage stakeholders at various levels (both senior and working level)
- Ability to write and author well-articulated reports on the 1 st Line's compliance with the data management framework / policy
- Good experience / knowledge of the financial industry and banking products
- Experience working either in the second or third line in an organisation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.