- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 sept. 17
Senior Manager, Product Control (Treasury)
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.The role is based in Singapore and reports to the Head of Treasury Product Control. The candidate will be responsible for managing a team 10 people within Treasury Product Control which supports the Treasury Business, in addition to initiating and coordinating projects that impact the wider Product Control Team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The individual will be responsible for:
1. Providing supervisory oversight of the daily Profit & Loss reporting and all associated analytical review and commentary analysis at a global level (including monitoring month end IPV impacts and reserves for Profit & Loss reporting)
2. Providing supervisory oversight of the month-end balance sheet substantiation of PC owned traded balances for Treasury business.
3. Review and oversight of all key reconciliations including and not limited to Trading estimates vs Actual, AvF, TP-GL and FOBO.
4. Supporting local finance teams by providing accounting advice, general ledger reconciliation, and product training.
5. Supporting the FM and Country CFOs in the development and maintenance of a robust control environment around the Treasury product suite.
6. Providing oversight on the balance sheet, liquidity and transfer pricing analytics supporting the Treasury Management team.
7. Single point of contact for auditors (internal and external) and regulators.
8. Proactively build and manage relationships facing the business and other internal clients within Group Finance, Risk Control, Middle Office, Internal Audit and IT.
9. Drive the identification and implementation of key initiatives, such as
a) system/ workflow enhancements
b) the implementation of changes in accounting regulations
c) the centralization of processes within Product Control
10. Develop a strong internal network by:
a) proactively engaging all key stakeholders
b) representing the team and department at various working groups / committee's
c) reaching out to other business areas / regions to ensure best practice is implemented
11. Develop a strong internal network by successfully building and leading the PC team which will include
a) both on the job training and organized classroom sessions
b) challenging the teams working practices and assumptions
c) encouragement of the teams to challenge the status quo
Qualifications and Skills
- Indepth experience in product control especially within Treasury.
- Preferably with banking experience
- Highly numerate, detail oriented, and good analytical skills required
- Self-motivated, can work under pressure with minimum supervision, and able to manage multiple tasks and meet assigned deadlines
- Results oriented
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident & assertive in character
- Team player, interacts well, and creates synergy in team environment
- Able to explore new systems and can adapt quickly to new processes and applications
- Skilled in MS Excel, VBA and macro knowledge is an advantage; have good understanding of database querying tools
- CFA is an advantage
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.