- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 06 oct. 17
Senior Manager, Risk Measurement Assurance
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.The role of the Senior Manager, Risk Measurement Assurance, will be to act as the subject matter expert for the Bank's model inventory (Model Risk Manager; MRM). MRM is the Bank's strategic IT solution for models that are in-scope of the Group Model Risk Policy (GMRP) and is used as a model inventory, workflow, and reporting tool to support modelling teams and promote adherence to the model lifecycle, and as a tool to capture, store, and report information for measuring and monitoring individual and aggregate model risk.
MRM is currently being rolled out across the Bank concurrent with the rollout of the GMRP, and therefore this is a growth role requiring project management and senior level engagement as more model types/model families and modelling teams are subject to the GMRP and models are captured into the MRM.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that the Bank is able to use MRM to record, monitor, and manage model risk across all models, both individually and in aggregate, for those models that have been migrated into MRM. The design and operation of MRM must meet and continue to meet GMRP requirements.
Group Risk Measurement (GRM) is responsible for developing models for risk measurement of credit and market risks.
Risk Measurement Assurance (RMA) is part of GRM and covers the following aspects:
- Ratings System Design, Operation, and Performance
- Model Governance
- Credit RWA Advisory
- Operational Risk and Control
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The position of Senior Manager, Risk Measurement Assurance, is to provide additional support to RMA's Model Governance responsibilities.
The role of RMA for Model Governance includes the following:
- Review model technical documentation produced by the CIC and Retail credit modelling teams to promote and maintain documentation quality.
- Track and report on CIC and Retail credit model development activities and approval status.
- Work with the CIC and Retail credit modelling teams to notify the PRA about credit model changes, in line with regulatory requirements and the Bank's regulatory permissions.
- Provide assurance to the Head of GRM over the use of the Bank's model inventory for CIC and Retail credit modelling teams.
- Prepare and conduct annual qualitative reviews of Retail models and scorecards; attend and provide critical insight to annual qualitative reviews of CIC models.
- Administer the Market & Traded Credit Model Assessment Committee, which includes maintenance of the Bank's model inventory for counterparty credit risk, market risk and liquidity risk.
- Coordinate, participate in and/or lead manage advanced model applications and provide the associated regulatory liaison.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree level education (post graduate preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in an analytical, reporting, business analyst and/or project management role within the banking industry
- Expert knowledge of SAS MRM functionality
- Expert knowledge of model risk, model lifecycle, and associated governance and regulatory requirements e.g. SR 11-7
- Good working knowledge of one or more of the major model types/model families and related regulatory requirements e.g. IRB, IFRS9, IMM, IMA, liquidity, operational risk, pricing, etc.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills to work effectively with stakeholders from different functions; comfortable in building relationships at various levels and across geographies
- Self-motivated with a high level of drive and dedication, and the desire to excel consistently
- Focused and organised, and able to manage, prioritise, and deliver multiple concurrent projects effectively
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 28/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.