Senior Network Design Engineer/Architect
The esteemed organisation is one of the world's leading investment and financial services organization looking for dynamic individuals to join their team.
The organization is looking for an experienced Senior Network Design Engineer/Architect, who will be highly involved in the assessment, planning, designing, and implementing of core Network solution projects on the data engineering perspective. Duties include:
- Part of a team responsible for the development of network strategy, architecture, and design around Data technologies not limited to WAN, LAN, Unicast/Multicast, MPLS/VPLS, Switches, Routers, Wireless Access.
- Design, deploy, document and support medium to large-scale network implementations.
- Support development and maintenance of future architecture roadmap for the Data network based on service development and demand to support existing and evolving network service requirements
- Maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, vendors and internal teams; and introduce best practice requirements on the process and network infrastructure to the region.
- Participate in the migration of a large-scale network running on a core of Cisco switches/Routers to a new latest Cat 9000, Nexus switches and ISR, ASR Routers
- Develop High level designs and low-level designs for brand new site build and existing site/DC migrations
- Create Visio diagrams
- Create job packages and/or method of procedure (MOP) documents
- Create documentation required for change management process
- Implement migration plans during scheduled windows (both during and out of normal business hours)
- 6+ years work experience in financial or telecommunications industry with excellent understanding of Data Network technologies and Network Design and implementation
- In-depth knowledge on common routing protocols and WAN technologies including but not limited to BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Mulitcast, MPLS/VPLS.
- Hands on working experience in design of complex networks supporting data, voice and video, WLAN in a converge environment.
- Broad IT and network related knowledge on DHCP/DNS, TACACS/RADIUS, VPN would be advantageous
- Possess outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Cisco Certification of CCIE or equivalent
- Ability to translate business requirements into comprehensive systems architecture definitions
- Experience in Change, Incident, Problem, and Capacity Management (preferably with ITIL Foundation certification)
- Understand risk management and work closely with the security and risk teams
- Knowledge in regulatory requirements on IT infrastructure, security and local regulatory requirements in Asia is advantageous