- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 oct. 17
Senior Platform Engineer
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.Background
The compute engineering team sits within a wider platform engineering team within the banks engineering function. It ultimately reports to the head of technology services. It is a small team with presence in India, Singapore, Malaysia, and London. This group is tasked with modernizing SCB's platform for core compute, containerisation, and virtualisation offerings. It delivers robust and scalable systems to meet and exceed business demands. It follows standard engineering principles for gathering business and user stories, undertakes research, builds, tests and develops solutions ensuring that they are production read to move into the mainstream operations group.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the platform engineering group with responsibilities around delivering robust and scalable systems to get ahead of the exponential demand. The main areas of technical expertise required are around containerisation, kubernetes, ansible, virtualisation technologies and core compute. This is a fully hands on engineering role. This person should be able to influence and establish best engineering practices for these technologies through solid design decisions, processes, and tooling. Automated deployment or user consumption of solutions is paramount.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Propose and evaluate new technologies for business solutions.
- Interact with customers up to understand business requirements and expectations.
- Establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes, and tools.
- Partner with operation aiding in critical incidents with an emphasis on problem identification/resolution.
- Technical product qualification (benchmarking, suitability, performance characteristics) of relevant hardware and software for use case requirements.
- Write server side code to create robust production offerings that are highly available, scalable and can cope with burst demand.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch.
- Strong understanding of container technologies and orchestration.
- Strong understanding of container security, reporting using OSCAP policies.
- Atomic host configuration and maintenance.
- Strong Ansible/ experience to automate deployment and maintain environments.
- Demonstrates Linux skills to an RHCE level or equivalent.
- Demonstrates VMware skills to VCAP level.
- Distributed storage product awareness/design/experience.
- Displays a site reliability engineering aptitude.
- Able to design, bring up, and fully configure Linux systems and networking.
- Able to provide site specific training to operations group and lead day two operations stratergy.
- Significant practical experience in performance testing for software and systems tuning.
- Demonstrates strong scripting and programming skills.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Breadth of knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing.
- Prior experience in engineering container environments within large organisations.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.