The Senior Project Manager is responsible to the Head of Strategic Product Management for developing a plan of action to ensure successful completion of projects, working across departments and stakeholders to ensure their needs and requirements are included within the confines of the project and budgetary restrictions. The appointment holder needs to be able to effectively manage and lead multiple independent teams to achieve the desired outcomes in a timely manner. He/She will need to maintain strong collaborative and coordinating relationships with Business Development and Technical Development teams to ensure full oversight of project development.
This is a role requiring good analytical thinking and planning skills, deep industry and financial markets products knowledge, business-oriented mindset, strong leadership and effective team management.
- Maintain full project life cycle ownership: tracks overall project schedule from initiation to deployment of minor and major initiatives, maintain processes and update performance reports to ensure successful project delivery;
- Develop estimates and detailed project plans that identify resource and budgetary needs for all phases of the project;
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as required;
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management and stakeholders of progress of each project;
- Manage multiple teams dedicated to individual project and ensure timely and cost effective deliverables;
- Work closely with various teams like technology, operations, risk, legal and compliance to ensure projects are aligned to and directly support the achievement of strategic objectives;
- Be involved in preparing business plan/proposal and sales/marketing presentation;
- Be the company’s subject-matter expert in the space in which the project exists and have a deep understanding of the target market customer needs.
- Degree in Business Management/Business Administration, Banking, Finance or Fintech-related fields;
- At least 5 years as Product Manager with relevant experience in Banking, Finance or Fintech sectors;
- Good understanding and knowledge of payments or digital wallets is desirable;
- Proven revenue generating track record through product management and development;
- Strong and proven analytical and project management skills;
- Good understanding of technology and familiar with Agile software development process;
- Detail oriented, resourceful and a self-starter who is proactive and takes initiative;
- Clear communicator with effective interpersonal and team leadership skills to lead multiple cross functional projects;
- Good and effective interpersonal skills with executive presence, able to effectively establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise;
- Business-oriented, results-driven attitude.
- Professional written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills in English.