Senior Project Manager, Cyber Security
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and Resilience (TDR)
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber, information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even from our home.
Now you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators and achievers. With us, you'll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe. Always Simple. The Role Responsibilities
- Employ standard process improvement tools and frameworks to identify core challenges and their root causes, develop target designs and iteratively deliver them through an agile approach in a 60-90 day timeframe. [based on A3 framework]
- Drive lean agile best practice from idea inception through to delivery to customer with the aim of transforming the organisation and creating a best in class change delivery portfolio
- Works closely with CSS and relevant Stakeholders to ensure that requirements are in line with the bank's strategy
- Develops, owns and manages the project backlog, scorecards, retrospective, risk/impediments/blockers for the Project
- Ensures resource availability and allocation; coordinates internal resources and engages with third-party vendors as appropriate for the project
- Follows the bank's project methodology and drive enhancements to it where appropriate
- Manages day-to-day project activities and leads the project team
- Tracks project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Plans and manages quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Plans and performs risk management processes to minimize project risks
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders: Business, Fellow Change leaders inside and outside of CSS and Front Office
- Timely and clear communicates to the stakeholder community
- Represents CSS across the Bank at key cross functional projects
- Advocates delivery excellence, minimizing delivery risk
- Manage projects in line with nWoW Governance. Ensuring Monthly/Quarterly Performance Reviews are up to date including preparation for refinement forums, backlog refinement and planning, review of scorecard metrics/budget and cost/resource trade-offs, retrospective, risks, impediments and blockers are in the backlog, and they are tracked and reported to the appropriate governance bodies
- Ensuring that all projects and initiatives adhere to the Policy, Process Management & Standards and are delivered of the right quality and are timely
- Facilitate delivery squads on the Organizational Agility Playbook to follow required agile ceremonies for delivery.
As CSS embarks on nWoW and start to fundamentally redesign how execution and delivery of security solutions from business requirements to deployment, there are numerous opportunities to transform engineering delivery across CSS. The role will be responsible for simultaneously executing numerous security engineering related initiatives what are varied and complex in nature based on CSS priorities.
- Developing and executing security engineering initiatives related to the engineering priorities
- Overseeing analysis of security engineering strategy; developing and implementing plans to improve the engineering outcomes
- Continuously reviewing, improving and executing engineering policies and procedures
- Drive awareness and adoption of security engineering practice across the engineering functions
- Support and manage the automation and orchestration agenda on technical aspects for CSS
- Drive the adoption of technological advancements available in the Bank, such as Cloud, API, microservices, etc.
- Provide oversight and consultancy by setting the execution and technical strategy to ensure the successful delivery of security initiatives and aligned with Bank's strategic direction.
- Own governance and represent initiatives, keeping peers and stakeholders up to date on progress and challenges being faced. Using databased metrics to articulate a clear view of how we're tracking against delivery.
- Recommend backlog grooming proposals for approval with sound reasoning to the Product Owner and Chief Product Owner [AE] for decision making to maximise value.
- Work closely with CSS Squad team, Cyber Security Services MT, Security Technology Services MT and other relevant stakeholders of epics is meeting the risk reduction targets, business benefits, and capability uplift and maturity targets set out in the initiative.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor, providing guidance and direction to peers, business functions around industry best practice and effective ways of working in relation to delivering the most efficient and integrated cyber security capabilities.
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with key stakeholders in relations to delivery requirements of the backlog.
People and Talent
- Facilitate squad events to ensure regular progress and ensuring every meeting achieve its desired purpose base on the Organizational Agility Playbook
- Follow the nWoW transformational strategy to deliver initiatives as a critical enabler
- Enforce Project Management Standards (PMS) as part of governance standards for Portfolios, Programmes and Projects (both Classic and Agile deliveries)
- Lead by example by living the right culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for the delivery team and work in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Exercise good people management in the areas of resourcing, talent development, performance management, learning and development and engagement.
- Deliver the component parts of the initiative to satisfy the Group's ICS TRP uplift objectives.
- Manage the initiative professionally and efficiently, closely tracking timeline commitments for provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken.
- Ensure that the initiative is managed according to the nWoW Governance standards.
- Establish appropriate initiative governance oversight, including monthly performance reviews [MPRs], refinement forums [RF] and quarterly performance reviews [QPR].
- Establish strong initiative management controls, including:
- Epic planning, tracking, and reporting
- Initiative change control through Unified Backlog
- Resource management
- Risks, issues, and dependencies management
- Vendor management
- Benefits assurance
- Business change management
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide reporting to appropriate risk committees on the evolution and progress of the initiative, and regular status updates for reporting to the Board and Group Management Team.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the delivery team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- ICS TRP Programme Manager
- CSS / STS MT
- Chief Information Security Office
- Key Business Stakeholders including: All Business and Function COOs
Project Management / Agile
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration - Financial Analysis
- At least 5 years of experience in project management across several functions, including technology-related projects
- Proven track record in leading and delivering cyber security initiatives in the ICS domain
- Experience with the CSS organisation and structure and have a deep understanding to the services offered, including existing relationships with key service domain owners.
- Develop and managed the security engineering strategy and adoption of technical capabilities in the Bank - Automation, Cloud, API, microservices, etc.
- Ability to identify and close knowledge and skill gaps in the Bank
- Experience in comprehending governance and risk processes of the Bank to deliver critical initiatives
- Able to adapt to new Ways of Working based on proven track record of building and managing agile focused teams
- Solid understanding of Business Process Improvement concepts, tools and frameworks with proven track record of Business Process Improvement initiatives
- Capable to handle technical focused projects/initiatives with a specialization in the cyber security domain across all services
- PMI - Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMI - Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Scaled Agile - Certified SAFe 5 Agilist
- Executive Certificate in Financial IT Enterprise Essential
- Executive Certificate in Financial Sector IT Foundation
- Stakeholder & IT Outsourcing Contract Management
- Advanced Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Certificate in IT Infrastructure Support, Monitoring and Cybersecurity
- Diploma in Inter-networking & Communications - Network Security
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) - expire
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.