Senior QA Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
The Senior QA Manager works closely with application delivery teams to implement global testing standards and processes with the aim to raise the maturity of software testing and test environment management within a business IT function. The role is required to perform internal audits and have a good understanding of QA frameworks and risk and control. The role will provide the interface to internal and external auditors where they will represent the testing function and have ownership for the delivery of audit remediation plans.
A key responsibility is to provide training to test teams in the use of the processes and tooling and to support them in the implementation, specifically within a certain location/hub. Key Responsibilities:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Deliver Quality Assurance service to CIO teams.
- Engages with testing and development teams across the bank.
- For the assigned CIO, perform quality assurance activities on testing deliverables with the results feeding into the monthly QA dashboard
- Ensure QA reviews are performed to the highest standard.
- Provide independent assurance services for testing to ensure that minimum standards are met and risks associated to lack of testing and poor application quality are highlighted.
- Provides consultancy and advisory services to the business, and development teams.
- Demonstrate the value of the Quality Assurance function
- Effectively manage multiple stakeholder demands and expectations while maintaining quality and delivery
- Ensure stakeholders recognise the value of the independent quality assurance function through the findings that are provided and the improvements that occur as a result.
- Keeps current with new practice and technical developments for potential use as solutions to requirements
- Provide test process training and support to teams.
- Deliver training and support to application teams in relation to test process (unified testing model or transition to agile testing).
- Works with security and compliance teams to ensure solutions conform to bank and industry
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the business unit to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CIO management team, Technology Delivery Leads, Head of Test, Test Managers.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .