Senior Solution Architect
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to join our solution architecture team. Our architecture team is accountable for technology thought leadership to our business leaders as well as architecting, designing and overseeing the delivery of products and services for our Retail and Private Banking clients such as Mobile Banking, Equities and FX Trading, Insurance, and 3 rd party API partnerships.
The way we deliver outcomes to our customers is changing rapidly and as Standard Chartered shifts to an agile enterprise so must the way we design, build and sustain great products for our customers. With our global reach supporting a diverse group of customers and employees the way we architect solutions is critical to achieving speed to market, reducing risk, lowering costs and delivering more sustainable outcomes.
ing our end-to-end Customer Journey flows; defining and iterating architectural patterns and providing feedback/reviewing the architecture of others. Sharing your own experience and knowledge is a must as is our expectation that you'll provide coaching to our engineers and junior architects on what great architecture looks like .
The successful candidate needs to have hands on experience working in a mature agile environment; regularly used to influencing business and delivery stakeholders; have strong functional, technical expertise and a passion for challenging the status quo.
We'd also love to support you in the way you want to work be it on a part-time or other flexible work practices.
In terms of the day to day you will be responsible for:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Lead the architecture effort
- Enabling delivery to move faster and sustainably by defining and continuously updating the supporting solution architecture to enable agile delivery in regular value drops for customers/staff.
- Thinking Client - Able to guide the conversation with our business and delivery teams from ideation through to deployment in order to ensure a rich, effective experience for our clients.
- Target State - Defining the technology target state for all things that interact with our Retail, Private and Wealth Management customers and the staff that support them whether it be with the API and digital channels through to how we integrate, use data effectively and master it in our core banking or other systems of record.
- Best of Breed - If we're to move with pace and establish ourselves as a global leader then leveraging the great work of others is a non-negotiable. Whether you utilise external capabilities such as open source and cloud or collaborate more effectively across our global business (contributing/sharing our own successes or leveraging the outputs of your peers) is up to you.
- Agile Governance - defining and operating architectural governance in a manner that involves conversation, feedback and interaction and promotes faster delivery and sustainable outcomes.
- Communicating and influencing across organisational contexts and driving long term behavioural change
- Strong technical, functional knowledge and experience delivering outcomes across a breadth of industries ideally with a deep full-stack experience in one or more spaces. Security and/or Data architecture experience is a bonus.
- Able to work and deliver independently with a strong commitment, willingness to take up challenges, self-motivated and proactive in delivering ahead of expectations. Of course, you will be collaborating internally with other architects and sharing the expertise
- A self-starter whose primary role will be that of the architect but is also happy to roll up their sleeves and perform other tasks to help us close out whatever is the priority (could be some requirements, could be some development, could be some logistics). We expect that >80% of the role will be architecture
- Hands on experience working in mature agile environments and delivering outcomes iteratively focused on value to the customer
- Evidence of continual improvement and investment into you (i.e. training, education, secondments into new areas)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .