Senior Specialist, Information Security - Incident Response
Who we are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What you will be doing:
Who we are looking for:
- The successful candidate for this Incident Response Specialist role will be a skilled and energetic individual to support a 24x7 cyber operations center.
- During cyber incidents, Incident Response Specialist will collect, interpret, translate and communicate technical information from incident responders located in the APAC region to various stakeholders.
- This role will be responsible for logistical support (bridge lines, stakeholder engagement, incident response case management, etc.) until the incident is resolved.
- Incident Response Specialist will conduct trend/ pattern analysis incident data, metrics and KPIs in order to provide operational readiness reports prepared for senior management and executive leadership.
- The Incident Response Specialist must be comfortable and confident when communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, have the ability to multi-task and adjust based on priorities.
- Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments.
- Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies.
- Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation.
- Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations.
- Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles.
- Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents.
- Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objective
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Solid understanding of cyber security concepts, principles and practices associated with the computer and network security, incident response, digital forensics, and intelligence discipline.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience and judgment.
- Awareness of industry competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate Bank of New York Mellon and other banks in the market.
- Ability to analyze solutions using logical reasoning and critical thinking to solve problems.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage priorities effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing basic information about event timelines, technical designs, system concepts and business impact.
- Familiarity operating in a corporate environment.