Senior Test Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Project Test Management and Execution
Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Develop and document project test plan
- Develop testing approach and framework to meet the testing mandate.
- Author and maintain Test Management Plan documentation
- Documenting tests findings
- Report on test progress as well as on agreed key performance indicators
- Maintain and publish defect logs
- Provide initial assessment of user identified defects / issues / bugs
- Define scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery
Testing Expertise and Continuous Improvement
- Provide QC and QA for of each project plans
- QA traceability of requirements and scope
- Share experience with existing teams to improve testing policy and procedures.
- Perform systematic independent reviews and assurance reviews across the programme
- Excellent understanding of Test Strategy, Test Traceability, Test Evidences, and Test Closure Report which form UTM (Unified Test Model) pillars under SCB's System Delivery Framework
Flexibility and Programme Ambiguity
- Provide expertise and recommendation to automate testing where possible.
- Become an expert and implement bank's testing standards across the programme
- Coach, develop and manage testing teams in matrix environment.
- Experience in testing across multiyear programmes
- Identify cross project issues and capture learning and best practices for future efforts
- Promote a culture of innovation
- Continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team, and portfolio
- Keep up to date of industry project assurance methodologies and practices
- Influence stakeholders to ensure successful management of programmes and projects
- Educate stakeholders to improve project and portfolio effectiveness
- Have experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Products
Our Ideal Candidate
- Able to travel within region up to a week as required by project
- Provide test management support in a matrix environment
- Anticipate future testing needs of the project based on the defined programme vision
- Effectively works with global on and offshore teams
- Can present and effectively advocate for the project.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams.
- More than 5 years of Test Management experience
- More than 12 years of total testing experience
- Good exposure to product testing. Experience with at least one industry wide 3 rd party product.
- Experience with industry wide anti money laundering / transaction monitoring products like Mantas, Actimize, Enterprise Case Management etc would be preferred
- Understanding of Transaction monitoring domain
- IT expert across design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Excellent exposure to Waterfall & Agile delivery with proven efficiency and record of accomplishment.
- Exposure to Automation & Performance Testing would be an added advantage
- Knows what quality looks like and is willing to enforce it within Standard Chartered
- Extensive and in-depth experience in a broad range of test management roles with deep technical content experience gained specifically within QA & Testing and with strong exposure to development and Test Management disciplines.
- Project Management experience in large complex organizations can add value
- Experience conducting quality audits.
- Experience leading large organizations with teams that are geographically dispersed and with virtual teams in a complex, matrix organization.
- Experience developing or implementing a QA program, rolling out standards.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills with ability to adjust communication styles depending on type of target audience.
- Excellent influential and negotiation skills.
- Experience with People Management, Vendor Management.
- Ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including senior management - business staff, project managers, test managers, testing staff, quality auditors etc
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.