Senior VP, Information Security Governance, Group Information Security
Posting Date: 18-Mar-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG, 048616
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Information Security Governance is part of the CISO Office. The Information Security (IS) Governance function drives security policy, governance, regulator engagement and security education programs across the group.
- Security governance: to enhance and maintain the security governance framework (policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines that ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability)
- Work with the Unit Senior Leadership to develop plans for Security and Technology risk management and identify gaps and possible improvements to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the security governance framework
- Cyber and tech risk management from a Group-wide perspective, including management and assessment of location/regional security and tech risk and controls
- Lead the review of IS policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure relevance to the rapidly changing cyber landscape
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of the security governance framework
- Manage follow-ups in case of violations of security policies
- Identify and drive key strategic initiatives to transform the way we work, enhancing security processes and policies across the group, driving an increased maturity and effectiveness of security across the whole organisation
- Lead the pro-active engagement and communication with the regulator for security questions
- Manage and coordinate RFI for regulator engagements
- Regulatory gap analysis and coordination across the group
- Tracking and managing all identified issues to closure
- Advise and support regulators where applicable
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline
- At least 15 years of IT experience in Information Security functions within a large organization
- Broad understanding of the key aspects of IT, which include Strategic Planning, Application Implementation & Support, IT Infrastructure, Vendor & Contract Management, Cyber Security, IT Audit, IT Governance, Risk Management and Business Continuity Planning
- Extensive experience in working collaboratively across teams and to lead others through problem solving challenges.
- Experience in setting up systems and processes to track performance of an IT organization.
- Ability to lead change, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to identify and improve on work & process inefficiencies.
- Certification in ITIL Foundation, CITPM. PMP, CISSP or CGEIT would be advantageous
Apply now and make a difference.