Site Reliability Engineer
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovatorslike you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million smallbusinesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services thatcover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending,mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Thisgroup is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobileapplications, digital experiences and next generation banking technologysolutions to better serve our clients and customers.
JP Morgan Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda within the Consumer and Community Bank (CCB) which serves over 50 million customers, and builds on the success of the our market leading mobile and online service offerings. JPMC is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and create the most compelling digital experience in the financial services industry. We are looking for talent that will help us position JPMC as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments, enabling JPMC to deliver highly personalized, real time experiences that wow our customers.
The Site Reliability Engineer
will be critical in supporting our market leading position by ensuring a consistent, always available digital customer experience. The successful candidate will be a key to delivering new market capability and delivering seamless experience changes to our customers in a real time environment.
This position is global in reach, working with teams across the US, Singapore and India. Our digital business is highly innovative, and technologies we rely upon are ever changing. Our teams are agile in nature, and are rapidly taking on new capabilities, tools and methods including Automation, DevOps, and Cloud. Successful candidates will demonstrate technical acumen across a broad reach of technologies, and have the proven ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
As a member of the Digital and Emerging Payment Production Engineering Team, the successful candidate will also be part of the Proactive Centre of Excellence within the Digital and Emerging Payments Production Management organization.
This position will be responsible for the following
- Resiliency - Engineer modern deployment methods and drive remediation of resiliency gaps partnering with Application development
- Continuous improvement - Proactive identification and delivery of engineered solutions that eliminate recurring production issues, monitoring and alerting capabilities, manual task elimination, ticket/false alert reduction.
- Performance Management - Partner with Application Development, Infrastructure and Information Security to identify and engineer application and infrastructure performance improvement opportunities.
- Delivery - Participate in architectural design reviews to ensure Production considerations and non-functional requirements are understood and included in stories and definition of done
- Change Management - act as gatekeeper of production in order to drive down change related issues.
- 5+ years of within Application Design work experience throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Strong understanding of networking and cloud technologies, for example security, load balancing, network routing protocols
- Proven experience in incident/problem management.
- Cloud platforms and technologies ; Amazon Web Services (required), Google Cloud Platform, Azure (beneficial)
- Cloud native applications; deployment, monitoring and operations using Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack and web technologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC
- Strong experience of developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, CockroachDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
- Strong XML technology experience (XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT)
- Proven Application Production Support experience
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience of the following areas if modern application infrastructure: Machine learning, Distributed and parallel systems, Data structures and algorithms, Mobile application development
- Familiar with Chaos Engineering practices
- Cybersecurity knowledge
- Capable to execute and deliver on a multitude of concurrent initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead and manage conference calls.
- Good collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment. Comfortable in a fast dynamic environment with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Banking and/or financial services industry experience
Whenyou work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a globalfinancial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggesttech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technologyinitiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations inelectronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that are transforming the financial servicesindustry.
AtJPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and careerdevelopment, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career aspart of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the livesof people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.