Software Engineer- Developer Experience & Tooling
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- Assisting in software architecture design and deployment methodologies within the Credit-Suisse IT landscape.
- Completing engineering tasks to improve developer experience for Credit-Suisse APAC IT.
- Designing, developing, deploying and supporting automation tools needed to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies in the field and drive adoption at Credit-Suisse.
- Engaging with operations to ensure smooth transition and operational alignment with the CS banking business strategy for product delivery.
- Seek to collaborate with development teams and support organizations to build sustainable product architectures, software deployment methods, new metric and reporting techniques, and accurate capacity plans.
- Help transforming our organization towards an engineering culture.
- Ensuring high availability and security of all products.
- Partnering with multi-functional technology teams to mature infrastructure projects and software development life cycle by applying industry standard methodologies. You should contribute to a high performing infrastructure architecture/support team that complements software developers in delivering highly available solutions for internal and external customers
- Developing and documenting workflows and processes, as well as improving/automating them.
- Working directly with software engineers on development projects related to fixes and/or improvements in tools or end products as necessary.
- Technical documentation and knowledge base artifacts for production and end user issues related to web based products.
- Strong programming experience in Golang or Python
- Experience with Linux environment. Solid understanding of TCP/IP.
- Expert in common scripting tools (bash, etc.)
- Understanding of microservice architecture and experience in building RESTful Service.
- Strong Experience with Docker & Kubernetes is must have.
- Deployment automation and orchestration tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt).
- Living and breathing infrastructure as code (Experience with Terraform would be beneficial).
- Good understanding of Maven/Gradle/npm build system.
- Understanding of the importance metrics and alerting. Experience with modern monitoring tools (InfluxDB, Prometheus ,Grafana etc.).
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL/Caches/KV stores (Etcd/Consul/Redis/Hazelcast/Mongo, etc.)s
- CI build tools (GitLab CI/Jenkins/TeamCity, etc.)
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Public Cloud, Continuous Delivery process and Service Mesh Technology (Linkerd/Istio) is a plus.
- Contribution to Open Source will be an added advantage
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.