Software Engineer - Listed Clearing - VP
Listed Clearing Engineering is responsible for the implementation of the systems and processes that support Goldman Sachs derivatives clearing business. We support over 40 clearing venues across the world. Every future or option that GS clears for ourselves or for our clients comes through our systems, that's about 800k a day.
We have several applications that make this happen. Most of these need to cope with high throughput, have rich operational functionality and handle significant financial exposure. They include:
- Clearing venue connectivity
- Matching algorithms
- Trade booking and event processing flows
- Data lake for analytics
- Client Reporting
We are embarking on an exciting journey to re-build our Listed Derivative Architecture which entails building our connectivity, matching and shaping function over the sequencer platform. We will be replacing our existing applications stack with strategic stacks in phases. We are looking for motivated developers who can join us on our exciting journey as we change our Listed Derivative world. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications based on object oriented design and event driven model.
- Interface with internal client's/end users and other development teams
- Participate in the full SDLC for software development to be written in JAVA, React, Sybase, DB2, EMS, Kafka, micro services with event driven architecture.
- Responsible for L3 production support of global users
- Developer will be a part of global team that will provide support for listed clearing matching and reconciliation
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Proficiency in building software in one or more of the following: JAVA, React, Kafka, Sybase, Db2, EMS, micro service architecture.
- Good at algorithms, data structures and software design.
- Experience with UNIX operating systems internals.
- Experience with object oriented programming & Java design pattern.
- Strong communication skills
- Should be able to work independently
- Should be able to manage user communication.
- Experience in Sequencer paradigm or event driven architecture is a plus.
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code.
- Strong communication skills, drive, and ownership.
- Experience applying DevOps principles to novel problems and systems
- Derivative products & clearing functional knowledge (but not required).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity