Software Engineer - Securities Trade Processing
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for transaction cost analytics and execution research
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems.
- Design distributed computation infrastructure and libraries to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data.
- Design, build and maintain applications to monitor performance of trading strategies in relation to the market in real time.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in a data engineering/analytics role
- Prior Experience with Python/Java/Scala based large scale streaming data analytics and storage solutions
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience building streaming data processing and ingestion pipelines
- Experience building distributed data processing systems which handle a high volume of client queries
- Knowledge and Experience with KDB
- Experience with Equities transaction and market data, Transaction Cost Analysis
- Prior experience building systems used by multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Over 3 years' experience in Financial industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity