Software Engineer - Wealth Management Engineering
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. CWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
Within CWM, MSG (Market Solutions Group) provides customized advisory, structuring and execution services across asset classes to high net worth individuals and family offices, and manages structured investment and equity option strategies to complement client portfolios. How you will fulfill your potential
- Build a modern platform for trading OTC (Over the Counter) products using latest technologies and following industry standard SLDC processes
- Enhance OTC platform to support Crypto offerings
- Enable Open Architecture (OA) for OTC products by integrating with a vendor product for quotes and trades from external broker-dealers to provide best execution prices for our clients
- Interact directly with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) to get exposure to business
- Watch your dev contributions positively impact firm revenue
- Between 3-7 years industry experience in hands-on programming
- Strong Java skills and working in a Linux environment are a must.
- Experience developing and maintaining a real-time distributed system. Experience with Vertx, MongoDB, Kafka would be an advantage.
- Understanding of data structures (trees, hash maps, queues, etc.)
- Active GitHub and/or Stack Overflow profile would be great
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity