Solution Architecture - Developer Specialist
Amazon Web Services seeks a Solution Architect, Developer Specialist who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a passion solving business problems through highly scalable, event-driven, cloud-based applications. Reporting to the APAC Solutions Architecture - Readiness Lead, this person will work with developers, helping them understand distributed infrastructure & application architectures such as microservices; technologies in the application integration, containerization and serverless space; and patterns and practices, frameworks and best-practices used in the design, build and deployment of modern applications.
The Developer Specialist Solutions Architect is a highly technical individual who can dive deep when designing and building cloud-optimized application architectures, help develop a go-to-market strategy with AWS marketing and business development teams, and influence product roadmap by working closely with AWS customers and product teams, helping to establish AWS as a leading technology platform for developers. The role's mission is to engage and inspire the broad developer community and foster adoption of the AWS platform, SDKs, development tools and technologies for the creation of full-stack applications and systems on AWS. Experience working directly with customers, engaging in one-to-one and one-to-many forums is required.
This person must be as comfortable whiteboarding complex application architectures with software engineers and other developer stakeholders, as they are briefing an executive audience on the benefits of modern application development techniques on AWS; and be skilled in microservice architecture design, DevOps, networking and continuous integration/deployment automation. The role's mission is to engage and inspire the broad developer community and foster adoption of the AWS platform, SDKs, development tools and technologies for the creation of full-stack applications and systems on AWS. Experience working directly with customers, engaging in one-to-one and one-to-many forums is essential. Strong public speaking and writing skills are required, and previous AWS experience is preferred but not required.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be an active member of the AWS Solution Architecture team by engaging in on-to-one and one-to-many application architecture and development discussions with developers, software engineers, enterprise/solution architects and CTOs
• Accelerate adoption of AWS in the student, startup and professional developer communities by engaging through conferences, startup events, meetups, user groups and hackathons
• Help lead the direction for AWS developer events to make them best-in-class from a developer's perspective, representing AWS through speaking, doing live demos and interacting with attendees
• Creating technical content such as reference apps, starter kits and patterns and practical guidance that will get developers excited about the potential of AWS as a development platform
• Contributing to a library of highly-reusable developer-focused artefacts such as demonstrations, sample code, blog posts, tutorials, lunch & learns, webinars and other modes of technical enablement
Providing end-user feedback to AWS Product Management and Engineering teams based on the developer 'voice of the customer'. Participate in technical and design discussions with AWS technical teams to help speed customer adoption and ensure best practices during implementation Basic Qualifications
• Be highly technical and analytical, possess 5+ years of current solution architecture (implementation, development & consulting) experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience leading a development team in a professional production environment
• The right person will have passion for software development, application architecture and technology in general, as well as a desire to work with, educate and inspire a community of developers
• Ability to work with all levels of customer engagement - start-ups, enterprises, mid-market, and the ability to organize and explain complex technical concepts to development teams and executive-level audiences
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills are a must, with the ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts clearly in one-to-one and one-to-many public presentations
• Deep working knowledge of software development practices and technologies is a must
• Travel throughout APJ may be required Preferred Qualifications
• Computer Science, IT Systems, Software Engineering or Math background is required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.