Splunk Support Engineer (SME)
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
Do you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you a customer-focused team player, who enjoys to become part of a large global organization? Would you like to take a chance to drive your career?
We are looking for someone like that who can help us with the following key tasks:
- provide level 2/3 technical and business support for Splunk. As the product is newly integrated you will be part of a project team to onboard Splunk into the Operations. (Incident & Problem Management)
- manage the interface to our Engineering by addressing functional requirements, potential issues, keeping track of these issues until they are solved. We hava a strong service delivery culture with the aim to provide the best service to our clients.
- deploying new Releases onto the platform
- participate in different projects, including upgrade, migration or client related activities
- cover the APAC timezone by leading potential Major incidents on various tools within the groups remid.
- create and enhance documentation and training to our clients globally.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
In this role you are part of a high-performing team of Splunk Experts. You will meet a committed, quality driven and very technical team understanding not just the Logging Infrastructure Splunk but is as well generally interested in IT and its processes to be as efficient as possible.
The team today is based in Switzerland, India and Singapore. A team in Poland is being build up. The Splunk team is complemented by a broader team focused on Service Operations for various other tools supporting the ITIL processes. This includes ServiceNow, Netcool, AppDynamics, IPSoft to name just a few.
In addition to your Service Operation core team you will deal with colleagues and clients situated both far and near including developers in APAC, Europe and the US.
Your experience and skills
- able to work as part of a global team interacting with client all over the world
- comfortable communicating (in English) with both technically minded colleagues as well as senior management
- able to prioritize your own workload and work with minimal supervision where required
- willing to provide on-call support as required
- preferably a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- at least 3 years of experience of the Splunk or an equivilant application and a total of 5 years in the IT industry
- a strong knowledge of IT technologies, methodologies, toolsets & solutions
- a good technical and architectural understanding of large environments, including Linux/Solaris operating systems
- Wintel Operating system knowledge is a plus
- ITIL foundation v3 certification
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.