Sr Client Services Specialist - Indices
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit ..
- 31 juil. 18 2018-07-31
The role, based in Singapore, will provide direct support for client technical and data queries, on-boarding and new client implementations, covering Markit Indices, including Markit iBoxx. The responsibilities of this role will encompass external client liaisons and involvement with internal data, technical and sales teams. The position will be for someone with an understanding of fixed income instruments and index franchises. The candidate must be client focused as well as being technically literate. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required, along with the confidence to visit clients if necessary.
Indices sits within the Financial Markets division of IHS Markit. Markit Indices is a leading independent provider of financial indices across all major asset classes.
We manage and calculate CDX and iTraxx the world’s leading credit derivatives indices and the iBoxx bond indices as well as the EMIX suit of equity indices. Our indices are used by banks, asset managers and other financial institutions to create and manage financial products.
This offering includes custom index solutions that provide clients such as investment banks and asset managers with tailor-made indices according to their specifications. The service covers design, testing, set-up and daily calculation and publication. IHS Markit also offers independent index administration services, providing a full range of index calculation, benchmark regulatory compliance and maintenance of indices and benchmark data.
Customers throughout the financial services industry (including banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and insurance companies) leverage our indices products and services for performance benchmarking, as underlying for ETFs and tradable products, independent valuations, research support and analysis, and risk management.
The role, based in Singapore, will provide direct support for client technical and data queries, on-boarding and new client implementations, covering Markit Indices, including Markit iBoxx. The responsibilities of this role will encompass external client liaisons and involvement with internal data, technical and sales teams.
The position will be for someone with an understanding of fixed income instruments and index franchises. The candidate must be client focused as well as being technically literate. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required, along with the confidence to visit clients if necessary.
Working in liaison with the existing teams in Europe and the US, the role will provide client engagement during Asia hours. The individual will partner with both sales and product teams to improve, develop and retain client relationships and provide direction and support for projects and client facing activities that the team undertakes. The individual will manage a team of two locally and act as senior escalation point on all client-impacting product and service related matters in the region.
Duties & accountabilities
- Client-facing role with overall accountability for client service levels
- Escalation point for clients within the region
- Manage the client services team of two located in Singapore
- Answer client data and technical queries on the product, including queries on data extraction and implementation whilst also providing support for internal analyst teams
- Troubleshoot supported applications and act as a data and technical coordinator for complex issues, whilst acting as business facilitator for clients
- Escalate issues to 3rd and 4th level support and development teams as appropriate
- Identify opportunities and initiatives to improve client experience and retention levels
- Capture client requirements & provide feedback to product groups. Drive functional change to the core product to meet customer needs.
- Liaise with internal development teams and product groups on bug fixes and enhancements
- Enhance existing client relationships by providing training, general consultancy on implementation and data utilisation as well as other forms of client engagement
- Track requests for new data, coordinate these with the data production team, permission confirmed licensed data on subscriber account feeds.
- Coordinate with external data providers on behalf of clients, to manage account licensing, reporting and permissioning request process.
- Identifying sales leads within an account and feedback to sales team
- Coordinate client technical integration and data delivery strategy
- Streamline support processes by creating/maintaining documentation
Education and experience
- Candidate to be degree educated
- Client relationship, onboarding & customer support experience mandatory
- Solid Excel skills
- Database experience, particularly the ability to extract data using SQL would be beneficial
- Salesforce experience would be beneficial
- Additional language skill such as Korean or Japanese would be beneficial
- 5+ years relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Financial knowledge, in particular fixed income knowledge, is desirable
- 1+ years’ management experience is mandatory
- Credibility to influence at a senior level and previous leadership experience is a must
- The ideal candidate should be bright, dynamic with the enthusiasm to leverage their experience and knowledge to help deliver a premium client experience. They should have great attention to detail and first-class problem solving skills. A highly organised individual, with a strong work ethic, able to handle multiple tasks, to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear communicator. Able to easily adapt communication style in different situations
- Highly motivated, disciplined, confident and a team player. The ability to adjust to shifting priorities is a must.