Sr. Software Engineer
Position title - Sr. Software Engineer
Location - Singapore
Business Function - Product
Reporting to - Development lead
Department - Product Engineering
IMActionsTM is one of the world's most trusted post-trade software. As an international team of industry experts we architect and deliver intelligent post-trade software applications to the capital markets globally. We have a proven history transforming business models for the world's premier financial institutions, enabling them to enter new markets, reduce risk, increase profitability and improve service standards.
We do this by seamlessly managing the huge volume and complex processing of all core post-trade services. These include asset servicing, securities and cash processing, and post trade analytics. Our team of experts supports our global customer base from offices in Dublin, New Delhi (Gurgaon), Singapore and Dallas.
We are looking for a developer to join the Client Support - Production Support team, to design and implement the next generation of features for the application as well as support clients in their production phase. The role offers extensive business and technical challenges in a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment. A passion for quality and a sense of pride in your work are an absolute must for the role. The business domain (Corporate Actions & Custody) is highly complex, and knowledge of the business domain is a necessity for the role. The role offers the right candidate opportunities to take ownership of components within the system.
Duties & accountabilities
- Complete ownership of the design and the implementation (estimation, breakdown of tasks) for complex business functional specifications through the full software development lifecycle.
- Complete ownership of maintenance and support issues as they come up during the project lifecycle - pre and post go-live. Provide technical assistance to other teams - support, QA, business analysis.
- Ability to work with remote team in a geographically distributed development model.
- Evaluate, apply & lead adoption of new technologies and tools within the IM Development team and across the organisation to provide productivity, efficiency and scalability benefits.
- Collaborate and share technical and business knowledge to all members of the Development and wider IM organisation.
- Agent of constant improvement - within development and across the company.
Education and experience
B Tech. degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite (Experience 7 to 10 years)
Strong inter-personal skills required. Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Proficiency in at least one of the J2EE - Application Servers listed below Weblogic, IBM Websphere, JBoss / Tomcat with proven excellence in Java.
- Proficiency in one of the Messaging Systems listed below: JMS, MQ, Tibco.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Oracle - (PL/SQL)
- Working knowledge with IOC container / Spring, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC & ORM like Hibernate
- Expertise with monitoring tools like DataDog, Splunk, Dynatrace etc.
- Understanding of Java Memory Management and GC tuning.
- Good experience of working with Spring Batches and their performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Corporate Action domain
- Deep diagnosis skills & experience working with legacy code, thread dump analysis & Code profiling tools. Good knowledge of refactoring techniques is an added advantage.
- Understands and applies J2EE design patterns, GoF, GRASP, Visitor, Observer and other design patterns.
- Expertise in Unit testing using JUNIT, TestNG, Cactus or mock objects
- Expertise in GIT, branching, code management
- Demonstrates ability to use an IDE and mentor others in the use of an IDE.
- Understands fundamentals of JVM memory management,
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools
- Agile development methodology such as SCRUM, XP
- Test Driven Development & Continuous Integration
Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of development best practices are critical to successful performance in this role
Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Experience in Agile development methodology is preferred.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.