Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal candidate should possess:
- Plans and organizes Playout Ops resources to support Singtel TV and Optus playout channels.
- Coordinates Operations staff and workflows to ensure error free operations, optimum staff allocation and workflow efficiency during assigned shift.
- Supervise, train and guide team members. Identify training needs for new knowledge and skill.
- Organizes the operation and system maintenance of facilities that requiring downtime.
- Communicates operational issues and appropriate follow up information with all affected parties, assuring awareness for all stakeholders.
- Assists Playout Manager in the creation and administration of departmental policy and standard operating procedures.
- Assist and cover Playout Manager on Optus Sport weekly meetings and follow up on new request and issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/ Communications.
- Five years of related professional experience, specifically as it relates to Live Broadcast Playout operation, technical projects and/or video production.
- Working knowledge of video technology, processes, and terminology. Ability to read and understand technical documentation (equipment specifications, operating guides, written procedures and policies).
- Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate playout automations.
- POC for all playout processing, asset management and organizing/ maintaining digital repository of videos, images and closed captioning files
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.