Sybase DBA for Migration Factory
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
Are you a technically skilled Sybase DBA with 5+ years of experience?
Do you enjoy a challenge and are willing to push yourself?
Do you have knowledge of migrating databases across platforms and versions?
We are looking for a motivated, experienced and skilled Sybase DBA to assist the migration team with moving hundreds of Sybase Servers to a new strategic platform. This includes:
• Interacting with application teams to plan and execute the migrations
• Perform all technical tasks related to the move
• Building and documenting migration paths for new technologies
• Providing support to other members of the team
• Willing to work unsociable hours to meet the goals of the team
• Ability to work independently and set own priorities
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
The Migration Factory team is tasked with moving infrastructure technology to new strategic platforms to enable numerous programs. As well as database, we support middleware, network, storage and Operating System moves. The migration team is spread across multiple regions and locations.
Your experience and skills
• You are an experienced Sybase DBA with time spent in the banking sector
• Production support experience of Sybase ASE 12.x, 15.x, 16 and Sybase Replication Server
• You have built and supported High Availability solutions, using varied technologies
• You are an articulate speaker that is able to share your ideas and work closely with application teams
• You have prior experience in migrating databases to new platforms using multiple techniques
• Able to report on progress in a clear and timely fashion
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.