- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- OCBC Bank
System Administrator (DBA)
System Administrator (DBA)He/She supports all aspects of the database administration. In those tasks, he / she will be required to employ best database administrative practices to address performance, scalability, and efficiency issues with high transaction volume systems, as well as configuring and testing new database features for new patches / releases. He/She will be responsible for providing technical support, engineering, and administration for multiple databases and also provide back-up support for several other database systems, which may require night support of database operations.
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks / activities with related to database administration.
- Perform installation, configuration, and hardening according to Bank standard and security policy.
- Support and maintain database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs.
- Develop effective database DR disaster recovery and rollback plan for all database objects.
- Monitor database system services and performance to ensure the service is aligned with SLT/SLA and running efficiently
- Implement ongoing BAU improvement plans to ensure database administration is running efficiently and with minimum manual intervention.
- Respond to and resolve data access and performance issues. Perform performance tuning and troubleshooting as and when required, which will require analyzing access patterns to the database and proposing the best combination of indexes, constraints, foreign keys, and queries.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solution.
- Degree in an IT related discipline.
- 5+ years Database administration and engineering experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Thorough understanding of best practices for database maintenance, including index and file management, backups, failure recovery, database defragmentation, documentation. Ability to analyze disk space requirements and hardware utilization, automate error notification.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of PSQL including the ability to write and deploy effective triggers, stored procedures and user defined functions.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience developing, deploying, and maintaining SSIS packages.
- Good understanding of database concurrency features, transactions, and locking.
- Experience with database migration and managing database level replication including log shipping, database mirroring, clustering, Available Group and Oracle RAC.
- Experience with performance and index fragmentation analysis tools
- Ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate with technical teams
- Well organized, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines
- Some data modeling and schema design skills are required, including normalization and de-normalization.
- Previous experience as a database programmer/developer will be a plus.