System Architect/Database Administrator
About Cubist Cubist Systematic Strategies is one of the world's premier investment firms. The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
Job Description We are passionate about data. We collaborate to build elegant, effective, scalable and highly reliable solutions to empower predictive modelling in finance.
Cubist's data services group is looking for a Data Developer to join our dedicated team. Our group is responsible for the timely delivery of comprehensive and error-free data to some of the most demanding and successful systematic Portfolio Managers in the world.
This exceptional individual will be a member of a small team of Data Scientists, Developers, and Analysts who play a vital role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day implementation of a large research infrastructure and the live production trading of billions of dollars of capital across global capital markets, including equities, futures, options, and other financial instruments.
- Manage data technology infrastructure
- Manage high performance computing environment
- Engaging with users to understand their data interface requirements
- Designing and building databases and other technology tools to ingest, tag, and clean datasets
- Analysis of data consumption patterns via SQL and other APIs to detect inefficient access procedures and work to resolve inefficiencies
- Monitor SQL server and Linux infrastructure for data team
- Manage upgrades to infrastructure components, including databases, storage, networks, and servers
- Research new technologies for improved data management and efficient data retrieval
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science or other related discipline
- Deep understanding of databases, storage, networks, and CPU technologies
- At least 5 years of experience in a technology role, preferably as a DA and/or Linux administrator
- Financial industry experience preferred but not required
- Expertise in Linux administration
- Programming skills in SQL, TSQL, SQL Server or PL-SQL
- Programming skills in Python and at least one of C#, C++, or Java
- Programming skills in Linux Shell
- Experience with Lustre is a plus
- Experience with kdb is a plus
- Experience with InfiniBand, e.g. installing client drivers, managing switches, is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a love of learning
- Attention to detail and a love of process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.