Systems Analyst - Mid
The esteemed organisation is one of the world's largest global payments technology company looking for dynamic individuals to join their team. Introduction to the role:
The organization is looking for an experienced Systems Analyst to join their production support team, responsible for keeping the applications and systems up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. Duties include:
Qualifications and Profile
- To support critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation.
- Possess knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such.
- To write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and postproduction implementations.
- 4+ years of software development and application support experience, configuring, and troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases and associated devices.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university or MS in Computer Science or related degree and 3 years of experience working in 24*7 environments
- Experienced in the following areas:
- Designing and developing complex Java and J2EE applications
- Back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX and MBeans
- Relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
- Application containers such as Tomcat and WebSphere
- Building tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups
- OO design and design patterns
- Payment and/or Credit Card processing
- Build environment using Maven/Ant and continuous integration tools
- Performance tuning and memory leak detection
- Integrating with third-party Web Service
- The candidate should possess strong analytical, problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP
- Fluent with developing applications using Eclipse or similar IDE
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.