TTS - Sales Head, Commercial Cards Asia Pacific - Director
The key objective of this role is to acceleate Commercial Cards revenue growth for Asia by leading the regional Commercial Card Sales and Account Management team (currently a team of 8) to bring in client wins and ramp and enabling the wider Asia TTS Sales force regionally and in-country to identify and execute to their pipeline. The client segment covered will be large Corporate, Institutional, Public Sector and CCB (mid-market) companies across Asia. The role sits within Transaction Banking (TTS) in Citi in the Institutional Client Group (ICG) The Commercial Card Asia Sales Head role located in Singapore, reports to the Asia TTS Product Sales Head as part of the wider TTS Asia Sales team with a matrix to the Global Head of Card Sales.
The position objective is to lead a sales team to originate and win new business from both existing and new Cards Clients in Asia as well as support global opportunities (e.g. RFPS) led by other regions. As Head of Sales it will be critical to develop approaches, customized by sector where applicable, to attract new Corporate flows to cards (T&E & B2B) thereby reducing the reliance on formal RFP's and ensuring the annual team 'wins' goals and revenue ramp is achieved. The role is also part of the Asia Cards Senior Management team and the Asia TTS Sales Exco. Key Responsibilities:
- Define and drive the Sales strategy for the Asia Commercial Card business
- Ensure the broader relationship teams (GSS, BCMA and CCB) have up-to-date content and are trained to position Card solutions with clients. The Sales Head will lead the client execution strategy in close partnership with stakeholders with a special focus on ramping B2B opportunities across Asia
- Act as the Senior on larger more strategic deals/renewals to secure mandates
- Take accountability of ensuring Wins translate to revenue ramp
- Partner closely with Cards Product to ensure Client needs are reflected in our Solution set
- Keep abreast of competitor developments and in partnership with Product & Market Management ensure sales content is targeted at demonstrating the Citi's value proposition to clients based on specific use cases or flows
- Build, lead and coach a diverse team of sales and account management talent to deliver upon the team goals. The team should:
- Work with GSS and BCMA on their respective geographical or sector-specific target names to originate new business
- Nurture relationships with key industry players, consultants and partners as another source of origination
- Use available payments data to identify specific flows to target maintain strong sales discipline including quality RFP responses, timely and accurate CRM input, call reports & wins
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners and global commercial card teams to deliver the Citi network to our Clients
- Ensure we are offering competitive pricing whilst also protecting our P&L
- Lead a team of Account Managers to retain and grow existing relationships. The team should:
- Become trusted advisors to our largest Clients
- Develop account plans and expand our Client contacts and wallet penetration to include new buying centres beyond Procurement and Treasury
- Host events for Clients to allow them to network and share best practices
- Create business development opportunities and contribute to overall team Wins goal
- Coordinate with Service to ensure operational issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Lead the retention of client relationships at renewal
- Adopt a wider B2B sales approach across solutions (including Supply Chain Finance) within Citi and with 3rd party providers when positioning the most effective solution for a client
- Represent Cards in TTS and BCMA internal forums
- Represent Citi Commercial Cards at Industry conferences
- Opportunity to lead and develop an exceptionally high quality talent pool of senior level Commercial Cards Sales specialists
- Opportunity to further develop client sales relationship skills and solution structuring capabilities within the respective region and globally in a market leading Commercial Cards business across all client segments (Corporate, Institutional, Public Sector, CCB)
- Become an industry expert in all areas of Commercial Cards techniques and solutions with a specific focus on capturing B2B flows which is a core Citi differentiator given our global network, and an important client need given continuation of globalization and digitization trends
- Build a professional network within TTS across Sales, Product, Geography, Implementation, Client Operations, Legal, and further extend across Banking/GSG and Markets
- Develop cross-sales skills for the wider TTS Product set
- Senior exposure within TTS Sales & ICG globally and regionally
- Seasoned Sales Professional of at least 13-15 years
- Client facing experience and ability to execute transactions from idea generation, negotiating and closing
- Commercial Cards product knowledge and ability to develop complex T&E and B2B solutions across various client segments
- Proven track record working in a TTS Sales environment
- Market and Industry knowledge and awareness
- Undergraduate Degree preferable
- Experience working with global companies and diverse environments
- Past Team Leadership experience preferable
- Analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- Effective sales and presentation skills
- CRM usage or experience (preferable)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to develop and build strong client sales relationships at a Senior level within the client organization
- Committed and trusted team player with keen focus on meeting deadlines and quality output
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and flexibility to perform lead/support on key transactions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Agility to pivot Sales Strategy to changing market dynamics
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .