Team Lead - Fixed Income Settlements, Capital Market Operations
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- TD Securities
- 18 mai 18 2018-05-18
This role sits within the Capital Markets Operations team and primarily supports the global Fixed Income, Money Market and Funding businesses. It will require an experienced and highly motivated individual with strong leadership and decision making skills, who is able to work independently and also as part of a team.
As part of their skill-set, the individual will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a team, analyse, identify and encourage opportunities for process improvements and assist in the development of business requirements and project testing for new initiatives and projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Managing team workflow
• Daily monitoring of trade confirmations and settlements on our Fixed Income and Money Market desks
• Swift payment checks and authorisation.
• Ensure that all post-settlement reconciliations are identified, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Assist with preparation and drive the ongoing maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
• Drive process review, simplification and innovation across the team and participate in TD Global initiatives.
• Participate with management in identification of team training needs and pursue applicable personal development/career opportunities.
• Ensure our Fixed Income, Money Market and Funding Operations anticipates and effectively adapts to changes in the business in a timely manner.
• The individual is expected to develop and maintain active relationships with the front office desks, our own team, clients and their custodians, senior management and other global TD offices in Tokyo, London, New York, Hong Kong and Head Office Toronto.
• Develop and maintain external and internal customer relationships in order to contribute in providing excellent world class client service.
Key skills and competencies
• You are driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact. You have the ability to think conceptually ("out-of-the-box") and exercise good business judgment and problem solving skills
• Required to have strong experience in the Asia-Pacific fixed income, money market and funding markets across different products including outright and repo bond trades, ECP’s, NCD’s and Swift payments.
• Experienced in the full trade life cycle flow.
• You have a passion for simplification. You encourage this within the team and seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
• You will possess strong conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills as well as initiative to follow up on items and determine appropriate steps for timely resolution.
• Ability to multi-task and provide leadership and coverage (BAU) within the team.
• Act as a role model in promoting a positive and cooperative team environment that encourages mutual respect, productivity, innovation and creativity.
• Expected to have a sharp control mindset as the first line of defence, and be able to identify and escalate areas of risk and then recommend steps to mitigate any identified gaps.
• The role is tasked to be an escalation support to the Asia Pacific Fixed Income Trading, Money Market, Funding, New Issue Syndication and Sales teams. The individual is also the primary contact for liaison with our TD Tokyo operations and our Japanese Custodian for the Global TD Fixed Income businesses.
• Working knowledge of various system applications would be beneficial.
Examples being Calypso, Swift, Omgeo CTM, Euroclear, Austraclear, NZClear.
• Desirable to have advanced Excel skills and experience working with macro spreadsheets.
• As the role operates in a highly regulated environment, a high degree of flexibility is required to accommodate ad-hoc requests where necessary.