Technical Product Manager / Agile Business Analyst
Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology-based products and solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers. What we do:
Asia Pacific Application Development Technology team is seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager / Agile Business Analyst to join our team in Singapore. The talented people who join our teams are focused, responsive and drive new ideas.
You will be an experienced and seasoned product manager, working cross-functionally to guide products from conception through launch, growth and maturity by connecting different technical worlds to meet our customers at their needs. You will break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and release adopting the principals of growth from MVP / PoC. This role offers a high-profile opportunity to lead projects which involve various businesses and entities within the firm
This multidimensional role will be hands-on working across local and global teams of technology, business and operational subject matter experts translating business needs into a robust and integrated technology solutions. Applying design thinking methods to gather and analyse business requirements to ensure high quality outcome improving client and user experience. The successful candidate will:
- Willing to take action and ambitious with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere
- Technical understanding of the systems and technologies behind the product, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons for architectural decisions; equally comfortable with building a business PRD and understanding high-level technical architectures.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and solutioning using new methodologies and/or technologies.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog with clear and concise user stories.
- Sound product and execution skills and ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Able to be very detailed while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Define key requirements and go deep on the details as needed
- Develop feature lists, user stories and define product roadmaps
- Work closely with the development team to expand product capabilities, including managing product backlogs and development timelines
- Have hands-on approach to work and 'can-do' attitude to start and finish ideas execution.
- Enjoy simplifying complex problems, tackling interesting and meaningful challenges.
- Excellent communicator, self-driven and entrepreneurial with a strong sense of ownership.
- Fast learner and have interests to learn new technology stacks / frameworks as needed.
- Highly collaborative, able to effectively navigate organization boundaries
- Design and develop scalable solutions (client-side and server-side) to meet business requirements.
- Clearly understand the customer needs and communicate them to the development team.
- Should be able to work closely with all internal teams like development, engineering, architecture, Q&A, and operations.
- The technical PM should ensure that the requirements are clearly understood by all the teams and that the implementation roadmap matches the requirements.
- Research about the latest technology trend and put them to practice. The manager should be visionary and should be able to assess emerging products and potential threats to the organization.
- Produce innovative ideas and help in implementing them.
- Should be answerable about the product and its capabilities.
Experience & Qualifications:
- UI/UX skills to mockup wireframe, e.g. Sketch or FIGMA.
- SQL report writing experience with deep data model knowledge and able to develop complex queries across multiple tables.
- Able to use tool such as Postman to perform REST API Query & validating REST API data points
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Management group
- 8-12 years of overall experience in Business Analysis, Techno functional analysis and Project management
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Experience in Business Analysis, providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required.
- Hands on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Good Project Management or Scrum Master experience is added advantage.
- Experience in the financial services and working knowledge on Asset Servicing /Fund Accounting/Regulatory reporting.