You’ll be working for a banking company who is looking for a Business Analyst focusing on a high profile multi-year transformation of collateral management services. This will be a 1 year contract to be based in Singapore.
Your new role
- Perform in-depth analysis around key operations problems and opportunity areas, to determine strategic solutions / proposals – focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution. Identify risks & issues and communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner – assist with proposing & planning mitigating steps.
- Perform detailed analysis of specific aspects of the collateral program and regulatory change scope, propose relevant solutions and translate into clear User Stories.
- Liaise with development and test teams to ensure that Requirements are understood & implemented correctly.
- Support technical and user testing, for example helping to organize test data, troubleshooting data quality or functional queries.
- Pro-actively engage, manage & build relationships with both technology (including vendors) & business stakeholders.
- Assist the Senior BA with planning and status reporting of BA tasks.
- Support the test team & business users during the testing phase by making design decisions & assisting in issue analysis & resolution.
- Support the transition to the production support team.
- Provide 2nd line support and business analysis services to Front Office and Operations staff and resolve application issues from a development and solution perspective.
- Mentor junior analysts and take the lead on workstreams where necessary, aligning and working within the relevant project structure and reporting to the respective Project Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- 8-10 years experience as techno-functional Business Analyst. Must be strong in functional domain in Settlement, Collateral Management Margin reform and Margin regulatory business knowledge (compulsory).
- A Business Analyst with a little years of work experience as Business Analyst but fully specialized and an expert in Settlement with little or no Collateral Management skills can still be considered.
- Good stakeholder management, good communications skill and experienced with Agile practices.
- Strong hands-on experience in Unix/Shell Scripting, SQL/Database is a must have.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience and hands-on Murex workflow build and report management is additional advantage.
- Investment Banking IT background desirable.
- Strong Dev Ops background or experience in Continuous Integration.
- Experience of Trade Lifecycle is highly desirable.
- Experience of regulatory projects (eg DFA/EMIR Trade Reporting, Volcker, FATCA) is highly desirable.
- Experience of Murex/Algo or any Collateral Management System is desirable.
- Exposure to Derivatives front office exposure, middle and back office processes (trade validation, fixing, settlements, accounting, confirmation, clearing), FO/BO exchange integration, SWIFT messaging and integration, are all highly desirable for the longer term expectations for this role
- Knowledge of Oracle DB, including database queries, is desirable.
- Experience of Jira and Confluence desirable.
- Strong knowledge in either Murex MxML; Datamart.
- This role is only open to PR and Singaporean who are currently based in Singapore.
What you'll get in return
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.