The Business Analyst will work as part of the Application Development team within the Asia Pacific Technology Group. Working with the business to understand and capture requirements, create technical specification documents, and collaborate with developers to produce the solution.
The role will have the unique opportunity to enhance sophisticated, high-performance market platforms using the latest technology stack and best software engineering practices. The service is extremely data-centric and therefore, the incumbent requires strong SQL skills to extract and analyse the data that resides within the enterprise Data Warehouse. The Business Analyst will be responsible for performing functional testing to ensure the developed component meets the requirements.
You are the right fit for this role if you:
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and SQL skills.
- Have strong aptitude for both logical and creative thinking.
- Have hands-on approach to work and 'can-do' attitude to start and finish ideas execution.
- Enjoy simplifying complex problems, tackling interesting and meaningful challenges.
- Enjoy working in fast paced collaborative, agile and cross functional environment where talent is valued over job title.
- Are excellent communicator, self-driven and entrepreneurial with a strong sense of ownership.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and solutioning using new methodologies and/or technologies.
- Fast learner and have interests to learn new technology stacks / frameworks as needed.
- Highly collaborative, able to effectively navigate organization boundaries.
Forming part of a team of developers, the Business Analyst will consult with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic and global program.
The role will formulate and define program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Following the Delivery Lifecycle process, the Business Analyst will perform functional testing to ensure the developed component meets the requirements and create proper artifacts for both requirements and testing evidence. Good exposure to Project management and Scrum Master concepts is important to be able run projects effectively and deliver in iterations to meet business goals and outcome.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Provide guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, user documentation and leading the implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation.
- Analyzes, defines and prioritizes the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for up to and including highly complex strategic, global programs
- Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program.
- Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents.
- Manage the scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability.
- Tailor standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models
- Gather and analyze information and develop recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas.
- Prepare and manage the project plan, issues and risks, and the overall delivery of assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program.
- Actively influence software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives.
- Apply experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market.
- Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation.
- Actively influences software development process improvement initiatives.
- Provides senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results.
- Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in Business Analysis, providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Fundamental understanding of distributed applications.
- Hands on experience with agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Strong communicator who is extremely organized.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, agile development/project environment
- Good Project Management or Scrum Master experience is added advantage.
- Experience in the financial services/ Asset Servicing /FX industry.