Technology, Java Developer, Associate, Singapore
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 juin 18 2018-06-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a Senior Front-Office Java Developer to join our growing team in New York
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join a highly professional front office facing development team. You will be working on the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment. For the new applications? development, the candidate will work directly with the users of the current attribution systems to analyze the requirements, coming up with proposed designs for review by the wider team, implement and test the solution and finally provide training and support as part of the roll-out. The role is for a full stack developer with experience in working on the buy side. Prior experience with attribution systems (e.g. FactSet) is desirable.
- You will participate and own some of the technical design and decisions to help build new and innovative tools for the Multi Asset portfolio managers.
- You will partner with business stakeholders to understand needs and objectives. Act as the local liaison between the business (Investment teams, Trading, Operations, Compliance) and the technology group
- You will need to form strong long term partnerships with business stakeholders. You will also understand business needs and priorities, and provide thought leadership on potential solutions and the opportunities for technology to impact the team. *LI-DC1
- 5 - 7 experience with Core Java
- Knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, anticipates issues and deals with them proactively
- Knowledge of various asset classes; preferably fixed income or equities
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field; advanced education preferred
- Track record working in front-office environment in the financial industry, ideally in investment management
- In-depth understanding of the full software development life cycle. Deep familiarity with modern software development and design concepts encompassing a range of languages and platforms
- Demonstrates a passion for technology innovation balanced with a pragmatic approach to developing and deploying solutions that best benefit the business.
- Highly collaborative, works effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across a variety of functions.
Nimble,adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity; able to course correct when circumstances change.
- Candidates are expected to be familiar with 3-tier application architecture, developing Java services running on Unix and build automation. Experience with .NET and WPF is also desirable.