This position is responsible to provide a seamless, timely and effective execution of contracts done by Palm Oil trading business.
75% - Trade Execution Related Activities:
- Responsible for execution of contracts and vessel operational matters.
- Ensure shipments are carried out in accordance with contractual terms.
- Manage / execute documentation according to contractual terms.
- Issue, monitor and manage shipping instructions, vessel nominations and related matters.
- Monitor and ensure smooth execution of all matters related to letter of credit and insurance documentation.
- Assign and follow up on the appointment of surveyors and shipping agents.
- Calculate and monitor demurrage, claims and other charges as per contract and C/P (Charter party) to avoid /minimize demurrage and/or settle payment with owners / shippers / receivers.
- Manage customer / supplier payment terms to ensure timely collection and payment in compliance with contractual terms/conditions.
- Resolve any payment issues in collaboration with treasury, accounting and merchants.
- Liaise with various internal departments such as accounting, trading, operations, and logistics to ensure trade activities are carried out smoothly and efficiently.
- Monitor, review, and execute TSF (Trade Structure Finance) structure, documentation to ensure smooth execution.
- Liaise with the TSF team for confirming and discounting bank.
- Liaise with like regulatory bodies, port authorities, tax and custom offices, and etc.
- Manage optimal cargo loading in accordance with vessels chartered and apply tolerance to optimise contractual allocation and loading.
- Liaise with traders on open positions, vessels’ loading, and other issues pertaining to trading risks.
- Understand and counter invalid discrepancies from banks to minimise cost and prevent unplanned condition problems.
- Full execution of LC (Letter of Credit) flow of business and Incoterms.
- Manage different clauses specially FM (Force Majeure) clauses, Penalties clause against Extension of shipment period.
- Manage different types of LOI (Letter of Indemnity) for handling bulk shipment.
- Coordinate vessel execution with supplier / buyer / port operations and supervision companies.
- Manage various system updates & reporting.
10% - Stakeholder Management Related Activities:
- Manage both Internal / External customer requirements.
- Maintain frequent customer contact with internal and external customers / counterparts and provide prompt and accurate response to customers queries.
- Flag out all critical issues immediately to manager and provide possible solutions.
10% - Analysis / Reporting Related Activities:
- Sharing of daily position for RBD Olein paper trade which includes weekly trading position with intercompany, and quarterly reporting on surveying costs, shipped volumes, shrinkage data and shipped, and arrived quality.
5% - Any Other Responsibilities Assigned by Manager:
- Working in coordination with CBS team and providing monthly SQI.
- Handling complex shipment execution work.
- Proactively foresee and highlight the opportunities and risk/exposure.
- Any other administrative task as given by manager from time to time.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Required Education & Experience:
- Graduate / Post Graduate degree in any field of studies.
- Knowledge of Incoterms and International trade; be able to apply in daily operations when required.
- Good knowledge of Letter of Credit under UCP 600 & ISBP.
- Knowledge of shipping practices e.g. C/P terms and its relation to sales/purchase of contracts, laytime calculations, C/P B/L requirements, etc including insurance classifications.
- Knowledge of L/C terms and conditions preferred and able to prepare full set of shipping documents in accordance with L/C and contractual requirements.
- Ability to identify and solve day-to-day problems independently.
- Keen eye for details and meticulous.
- Team player with good inter-personal skills.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of various commodity contracts FOSFA, NIOP, PORAM, etc.
- Innovative mindset and always looking the challenge the norm.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Very strong negotiation skillset.
- Ability to work independently and perform under high pressure.
- Very high agility in interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate network with people across the entire organisation.
- Preferably with 3 to 7 years of relevant work experience. More experienced applicants will be considered for the Senior Executive role.