Trade Finance Officer - Energy
Ensure that cargoes and storage facilities are financed in a timely manner and that the risks (other than market exposure) to which the group is exposed are properly analysed, monitored, mitigated and laid off. Support trade finance manager in Singapore and provide guidance where appropriate/requested in difficult or unfamiliar situations to juniors.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PR-type role with respect to banks, customers etc.
- Direct commercial/financial role in key countries and strategically important relationships (working with directors/traders).
- Participation in decision-making process with respect to credit/performance etc. risks that the group takes: establishing framework for analysis, follow-up and review and communication internally of decision taken.
- Ensuring that Risk Management decisions are appropriate, bearing in mind financial/commercial imperatives.
- Issuance of L/C's or bank Guarantees.
- Risk covering sales where necessary with Banks and/or Insurance.
- Weekly monitoring and m2m of regional storage positions.
- Co-operation with our Deals Desk personnel to ensure any charges agreed by Trade Finance are allocated correctly to the separately maintained deal Profit and Loss accounts.
- Close liaison with our operators so as to monitor shipments and ensure correct security is in place before releasing of cargoes.
- Vetting of contracts, storage agreements and bank documentation.
- Optimise allocation of deals to our pool of bankers in accordance with management strategy.
- Ensuring timely processing of Cargo payments and freight payments, together with managing cash positions with the Banks.
- At least 5 years within a Trading Company / Financial institution having gained a strong understanding of the principals surrounding Trade Finance instruments and their pitfalls.
- Industrious, proactive and cordial team player with an eye for detail.
- Strong logical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately even under pressure.
- Proficiency in a second language, such as Chinese Mandarin.
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Key Relationships
- External - Banks, Insurance, Counterparties.
- Internal - Ops, Traders, Contracts, Treasury, Securitisation, Accounting & Deals desk