Trade Operations Officer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Trade Operations
- To pre-process / monitor various trade transactions are processed in accordance with the applicable procedures and within agreed service standards .
- Ensure compliance to operational instructions laid down by the Bank.
- Good control on operational / transactional risks and operating cost.
- Assist Senior Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations.
- Contribution to future strategic direction and processing innovation.
- Pre-process & verify trade transactions according to the individual delegated authority, laid down procedures and standard of service.
- Understand fully the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- offered to customers
- signed between the Country Processing Centre (CPC) and Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC), giving full support to achieving it.agreed turnaround time for scanning documents to GSSC
- To ensure all trade transactions are accurately processed ( by GSSC ) / verified in accordance with the customers' instructions and according to the bank's operational instructions, procedures and policies and neither the customer nor the Bank is at risk.
- To maintain all quality standards to ensure customers total needs are met and that continued effort is made to exceed the customers expectations.
- Monitor morale and constantly motivate supporting staff to ensure optimum level of productivity and service standards are achieved.
- Understand the risks associated with Products Processing and ensure that they are minimized.Ensure full awareness of the responsibilities for
- Trade Policies
- Group Policies relating to Operations matters
- Legal & Compliance
- Operational Risk management
- Money Laundering Prevention / Countering the Financing of Terrorism
- Sanction measures
and timely escalation of control failures based on the procedures laid down in the Escalation Policy accordingly
Risk Management KCSA Responsible Person:
- Maintain good internal & external customer relationship by responding promptly, accurately and courteously to enquiries, or request for advice relative to new or outstanding transactions.
- To provide ad hoc support to Senior Manager for special assignments (e.g. Country / Group projects or initiatives).
- To provide support across the units relative to guidance for transaction processing and training of existing staff / new joiners in handling different products.
- To release the alerts in SCSTAR diligently and to escalate true alerts immediately in accordance to the laid down procedures
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
- To report Unit's OR issues and losses to UORM
- To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and timely submission of review
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard control and all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- From time to time, there may be adhoc task assign
- Diploma or degree holder with Trade experience preferred.
- To contact customer if any clarification on application form or trade documents. So, a good communication skill is required
- Once transaction is completed, to dispatch trade documents to the bank
- Strong team player able to work well independently and collaboratively with peers and stakeholders
- 0-3 yrs exp preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.