To lead and manage a team to perform settlement for treasury transactions, remittance, cheque and GIRO.
- Responsible for settlement of treasury transaction, remittance, cheque, GIRO and smooth running of daily operations.
- Ensure all treasury settlements, remittance, cheque and GIRO transactions are in line with internal procedures and are complied with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare, update and perform periodic review on procedure manual.
- To coach and guide the team on processes when new products are launched.
- To ensure the team is aware of the regulatory changes that affect treasury settlement, remittance, cheque and GIRO transaction.
- To monitor credit limit, MTM and escalate accordingly when there are breaches.
- To ensure AML is performed on all payment transaction and escalate to Compliance where necessary.
- To drive UAT for system enhancement and initiate change request for system enhancement, new product and new regulatory requirements.
- To work with T&M, RMs and relevant stakeholders to establish workflows for new product launching and/or new regulatory requirements.
- To work with relevant stakeholders to resolve IT related issues affecting treasury transactions, remittance, cheque and GIRO.
- Lead and manage the Treasury Settlement & Payment Operations team to ensure smooth running of daily operations.
- Ensure that there is no operational loss, no operational risk incident and the daily operations comply with regulatory requirement.
- Familiar with treasury products, FX, MM, REPO/REVERSE REPO, MEPS+ system, Fixed Income, Financial Futures, IRS, FXO, FX NDF, Derivatives, structured products and SWIFT messages.
- University graduate in Banking, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant settlement experience (at least 5 years at supervisory level) with background in a medium to large size financial institution with hands on exposure in products such as FX, MM, Structured products, Fixed Income, Derivatives Market transactions, remittance, cheque, GIRO and a broad overview of the whole settlement process.