See job description for details
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Lead UI/UX Designer to join our NEXT Solutions team in NCS.
At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
The Lead UX Designer is responsible for planning & leading a team in the design and execution of web and mobile products. The ideal individual for this position is creative, self-directed, a team player, and passionate about a great user experience. The User Experience Designer will be web user experience/user interaction expert who is aware of market trends and current web application technologies and practices. This person will be leading and involved in user interview/research to understand the underlying UX/UI issues, information architecture, optimize task flow, look and feel, build prototypes, and contribute to usability testing. Responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Plan and lead user experience team through various stages of a project including: user personas and flows, interface design strategy, site map creation, wire-framing, and usability testing
- Conduct User Research and prioritizing end user needs and requirements
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Create and/or work with a team of designers to create style guides and wireframes.
- Conceptualize end user needs, visually communicate interactions using sketching, low fidelity mockups or prototypes to gather fast feedback
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Participate in presales activity and producing prototypes, presenting to customers on the design concepts
- Advocate concepts and ideas from users' perspective among stakeholders.
- Work in an Agile team where there is close collaboration with the front-end and back-end developers and in an iterative manner.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Diploma or degree holder - Certification in UX will be an advantage (e.g. NNg Certification)
- At least 5 years working experience in design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills, and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Understanding of Agile software development
- Working knowledge of front-end coding (HTML/JS/CSS)
- Experience in areas such as Graphic Design, Information Architecture, Copywriting, A/B Testing, Usability testing would be highly desirable